Chapter Twelve (TW)

This whole book is a TW, but..

This is a trigger warning.

Mentions/Attempts of suicide

The next day~

Lachlan shoved his hands into his sweater pockets, ducking his head as he walked along the street side towards school. He didn't know why he even bothered anymore. He was tired, so tired.. He wanted nothing more than to give up. What was there left to live for? Rob was dead, Preston was better off dead... Poor, sweet Preston.. What did any of them do to deserve this? He had always tried to protect his friends from cruel reality, their innocence fragile..

He loved them.. In a way more than a friend should.

He knew they loved each other, even though neither would admit it. It hurt him so much. Every smile was fake. Every laugh was forced. He was never happy.

Nobody ever noticed.

Nobody ever realized.

Nobody
Saw
Him
Falling.

He let out a bitter chuckle. Broken didn't even begin to explain his situation. Depressed was an understatement. At his stage, these words meant nothing to him. It was getting hard to.. Well, feel. He was always numb. He didn't trust himself. He didn't even trust his own thoughts.

Don't believe him..? Don't believe he's lost it?..
He's spinning a knife in his hand right now.
On his way to school.

He was tired of being alone. Someone else needed to feel how he did, understand what he was going through.. Brice didn't get it. The other Australian was stupid and selfish. They needed to see someone they love be stabbed right before their eyes. They needed to lose someone to a simple head injury that NEVER SHOULD OF HAPPENED.

He was done with it all. Done with everything. He glared down at the weapon in his hands, his vision blurry with tears. Be with Rob or Preston..? He would most likely end up with the fucker who tried to kill Preston if he went with his original plan.. He wanted nothing more than to go with Preston, but Rob..
He decided.
Preston would join them sooner or later.
He was going now.

He twirled the knife, placing the smooth blade against his throat. There was no one around. This would be so easy... It would be over soon.. Just.. Press.. Down..

A chill went through his body, his hand suddenly empty. All he caught was a black blur shooting past him, the knife being yanked straight out of his grip.

"Aw, really Lachlan? Did you miss me that much?" A cold voice giggled from behind him. He froze, eyes squeezing shut
"Aw.. Did it take Littl' Lachy only a few years to forget me? I thought I meant more than you than that, honey."

Lachlan took a deep, shuddering breath before turning around

Lachlan took a deep, shuddering breath before turning around. He instantly regretted it. There stood Vikk, a crazed grin on his face. There were dark red splatters on his clothes, his Crimson eyes just as blank as before.

"..V-Vikk?"

Flashback

"I'm sorry

"I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry.. I'm s..so sorry.. L-Lachlan.. P-please.. D-don't leave m-me.. Don't l-let me g-go.." Lachlan wrapped his arms around the shaking boy, pulling him close. Vikk sunk into his touch, taking fistfuls of the blonde's shirt. He sobbed into his shoulder, the knife clattering to the floor beside them.
"D-Don't let them t-take me.. I-I didn't mean to.."

"You're okay, Vikk. Nobody is going to touch you. I've got you.. They won't hurt you." The lie came easily, the metallic scent of blood making him feel nauseated. The mauled corpse of a young girl was strewn across the classroom. It was too late.

Sirens could be heard as the door was kicked open, SWAT flooding in. They yanked the two apart, pinning Lachlan against the wall and wrestling Vikk to the ground.

"Lachlan!" Vikk shrieked as he was restrained, thrashing in their hold. The tears were now those of anger, not fright. His teeth were grit, fury flaming in his red eyes. "Let the fuck go! Don't hurt my Lachy! Get off of me! Get off of him! Lachlan!"

"Vi-"

"Shut up!" Lachlan gasped, his legs buckling beneath him. He slumped to the ground, his breathing labored. One of the officers had punched him in the stomach, successfully silencing his cry.

"Lachlan!" Vikk was like a savage animal, fighting and screaming as he was dragged out of the room. Don't worry! I-I'll come back! Just hold on!"

Flashback over
And that was the last Lachlan heard of him..
Until now.

"You're crazy.." Lachlan whispered, his expression one of panic.

"Crazy? CRAZY? Hah! I was always like that, you just never seemed to notice! Alesa wasn't my first.. I could name them all, but I really don't care so I won't.. I know what you did. But Don't worry, Lachlan! I'm back now! We can be together..
Forever."

"