Chapter(?) Seventeen

For the next week or so, Lachlan met up with the girls for lunch. After the first day, he brought them to the high school courtyard and they all three ate there. On the third day, Kelly and Carly brought along two little boys.

They went by the nicknames of Lizard and Turtle. According to Lizard, all four of them were apart of the Little Squad. They were all YouTubers- Tiny Turtle, Little Lizard, Little Carly and Little Kelly. They looked to both be in 8th grade.

So there it was. Lachlan's new friends. A bunch of children.. But they understood him. They were patient and kind with him. They loved him.

One day before school, he made a batch of cookies to share with his little friends at lunch. The entire day went by as a blur until lunch.

He ran to the courtyard, a happy smile on his face, looking around for the two girls and two boys.

What he saw next made his blood run cold and heart feel like it would burst.

Kelly and Carly were laying on the ground, their fingers enlaced, gripping each other's hands tightly. There was a bloody smile carved into Kelly's face, two jagged gashes curving upwards from her lipgloss covered lips.. Her eyes were gone, a white gel on the ground by her face, as well as a lighter. She was twitching slightly, her fingers moving. She was alive... But how?

Carly had a gag in her mouth and a blindfold over her eyes. There was a slash in her neck, the knife still sticking out of her throat. She wasn't moving, unlike Kelly.

And the boys.. The sight made Lachlan's stomach churn and he vomited right then and there.

Both were hanging from one of the trees, a noose tied tightly around each of their necks.. Except, someone was holding Turtle's rope. A cackle filled the air.

"Lachy! Aw! You weren't supposed to be here yet! I'm not done!" Vikk pouted. While Lachlan was frozen in fear, he let go of the rope, watching the boy's lifeless corpse fall to the ground with an audible crack. The fall had broken most of his bones. Oh well. He was dead anyways, right?

Lachlan couldn't breathe. He couldn't scream, even if he wanted to. He just stared at the bodies of his dead friends. He darted forward towards Kelly, trying to get to the girl. She was alive.. She could make it.. If he just..

A knife whizzed through the air, sticking straight into Kelly's chest. She coughed, blood spraying out of her mouth. She gasped for air, choking on her own blood. "Oops.." Vikk giggled as she fell still. "Were these your friends, Lachy? They just looked so cute.. I couldn't help it!.. But don't worry. Nobody's going to know about this.. Right,baby?"