Sorry not sorry

I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss last night. All day it replayed in my mind driving me nuts.

I'd managed to avoid being stuck alone with Ami, he of course stayed persistent in trying to get my attention.

At one point he handed me a note which I quickly crumbled up stuffing it deep into my pocket.

"Alright something weird is going on here, Ami explain right now." Theresa who's picked up on the awkwardness asks.

My eyes shoot up to Ami rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "Nothing Luna."

Nothing my ass.

I snort crossing my arms, "Yeah nothing. Hormones I guess."

Knowing there is a hidden message in my words Ami ducks his head ashamed.

Theresa eyes us both suspiciously, "Whatever it is I need you both to squash it now. There is a lead in my son's whereabouts."

We both perk up at the news my excitement doubled as my baby kicks hard making me jump.

Even though I'm not happy with him, Ami grabs my hand. "Are you okay?"

I slink my hand out of his nodding. "Fine, powerful kick that's all."

Theresa clears her throat continuing, "We haven't actually seen his body, but there are torn pieces of clothing he was last seen wearing that's been found just East of here. We believe hunters are holding him hostage in exchange for the baby."

My stomach sinks at the thought of someone wanting to take my baby from me and using the corpse of my mate as leverage.

"I'm not giving my baby up. Tristan is gone and I want him back so damn bad but he's not coming back."

"No one is asking you to give up the heir. We're going to get Tristan back, I didn't say he was dead hun."

I clutch my chest bursting into tears,"Please don't say that if you're not one hundred percent sure."

She nods, "I can't say for sure. But mother's intuition hasn't failed me yet."

"This is a lot to take in right now. I need to lie down." Rising from my seat Ami trailing behind me I head to my room.

"Sophia at least look at me." He pleads standing in the doorway.

Ready to slam the door in his face he sticks his boot in the way, "Sophia please just hear me out."

Huffing I open the door stepping aside so he can come in. "You've got five minutes."

He grabs my hand sitting me on the edge of the bed kneeling in front of me.

"Four minutes."

"Listen you want me to say I'm sorry then fine I'm sorry. However I'm not sorry for the way I feel about you." His confession catches me completely off guard.

I didn't think he knowingly kissed me but this revelation proves otherwise.

"Sophia since the day I was assigned to protect you I wanted you. How could my Alpha let someone as special as you get away. He should've come for you no matter how much you protested. I wouldn't let you out of my sight. Soph I love you, not just as my Luna but as my lover. If you would have me I'd want nothing more than to prove it to you."

Oh he's lost his mind.

Shaking my head frowning I slap him hard across the face. "How fucking dare you Ami. Did you set Tristan up so he'd be taken from me?"

"Wh-what?" He sputters.

"You JUST said you'd do anything to have me. Did.you.set.Tristan. up?"

"No. I swear I didn't. It was fate baby, you are supposed to be mine not his can't you see that?"

"What the fuck? No! Are you delusional? I have never nor will I ever be interested in anyone else other than Tristan. What is wrong with you?"

He stands up grabbing my hands forcing me to lay back on the bed pinning my arms to my sides.

"Nothing is wrong with me. I just poured my heart out to you and this is how you react? As long as I'm trusted to look over you I will...always."

"Then you're fired." I spit.

He closes his eyes sighing, "Baby you can't fire me. I'm the best this pack has, I'm yours and you're mine forever."

We'll see about that.

"Sophia I see the way you look at me. How you confide in me. Deep down you love me, you just are scared and I get that."

"You're confusing friendship with something that just isn't there Ami. Please don't do this."

"No. No. You want me and I'm going to prove it to you." He trails kisses up my neck stopping just at the edge of my lips.

I wriggle and cry for him to stop but he won't let up. "Ami please, please stop. I don't want this."

"You do baby, you just don't know it." His lips find mine starting slow and gentle then hard and desperate.

I lay there feeling helpless until I wiggle enough to force my knee up into his groin.

He rolls off of me groaning, leaping from the bed I wipe my mouth kicking him hard in the ribs.

"You stupid son of a bitch. Stay away from me or I'll do much worse." I threaten storming out of the room.

He has gone too far, I don't ever want to be near him again. Why didn't I scream for help? All of these guards, someone would've come to help.

Guilt rips in my chest as I trudge away from my room. I get to the front door ready to bolt only for strong arms to wrap around me.

Fearing it's Ami I gear up to scream only for gentle hands to cover my mouth.

"Shh Luna relax it's me Derrick." I breakdown hugging him close.

"I need to leave, I can't stay here."

"Okay okay. Then I'm coming with you. Let's go."

With no questions asked we take an unmarked car peeling out of the driveway to who knows where.