Getting better

Everyday we went own to that room where Tristan was. Everyday it took some coaxing to get him to calm down and drink the ammonia. Everyday I watched him cry out and shake curled up in a ball.

It was beginning to take a toll on me. I felt exhausted but, it's amazing to see how much he's changing. Tristan is getting better.

I didn't think he would after three days of this, but he is. I thought I'd lost him. Knowing that he's improving lifts a huge weight off of my shoulders.

Derrick has been hounding me about going to the doctors. I feel fine, I'm taking the vitamins and eating healthy. My baby is okay, so why should I go?

It took some convincing, eventually I caved and had Derrick drive me to the nearest clinic to get looked at. The nearest civilization being an hour away from my dad's hideout.

"Miss Sophia Parker." The nurse calls scanning the room for me.
I wave standing up walking to her, "That's me. Can I bring my friend with me?"

"Sure, both of you follow me." Spinning on her heels she walks through the double doors. Derrick grabs my arm patting my hand as we walk behind her,"No worries."

I know, I'm just anxious to see what it is.

"Take a seat up here." Sitting down she checks my blood pressure nodding with a smile. "Nervous?"

"A little." I confess, she nods placing the cold stethoscope to my chest, "Don't be. I'm guessing this is your first?"

"Is it that obvious?"

She chuckles scribbling on her notepad. "Nah just a lucky guess, everything checks out. You're fine and your doctor should be in soon."

She leaves winking her eye at Derrick who looks away embarrassed. Eyeing him then her I wait until she shuts the door throwing my hands in the air.

"What the hell Derrick, get her number what are you doing?" He smiles shyly leaning back in his chair. "Not now, I'm here for you. She'll have to wait."

"Don't use me as an excuse because you're too chicken to talk to her." I accuse laughing. "She's cute, and it's not like you're marrying her. You can't babysit me forever."

He huffs grinning, "Are you done?"

"Actually I'm not you-"

Before I can finish scolding him the doctor walks in, "Hello mommy to be. This must be daddy?" She says cheerfully reaching out to shake our hands.

"Oh no no he's just my friend. No daddy is at home, he's a little under the weather."

"I see, well I'm Dr. Giannini I'll be doing your ultrasound today."

Laying back she oozes the cold gel on my belly turning on the monitor so we can see the baby.

"There's a heartbeat, my your baby is hyper. I've never heard such an erratic beating."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"Nope, means you'll be chasing this baby around a lot." She jokes turning back to the screen.

Even though it isn't a clear view I can make out the head and hands and as Dr. Giannini goes lower my heart flutters.

"Congratulations Sophia, you're having a girl."

Tristan is going to love that he was right.

"Wait until Tristan finds out. He'll be rubbing it in your face forever." Derrick jokes.

I smile at the screen proudly. I don't care what it is, I'm just glad to see a healthy baby. She's going to be so beautiful. My baby girl.

"I can print out pictures of the ultrasound if you'd like?"

"Yes please."

The whole way back I couldn't stop staring at the photo. I haven't even thought of any baby names. Now knowing the sex I really have no clue what name to pick.

"What do you think Tristan will say?"

I shrug tucking the photos away, "I don't know. Something probably along the lines of 'I told you so'."

"Sophia, you know we can't hide here forever."

"I know. When Tristan is better then we'll go back. I just don't want to face Ami. We also need Tristan well enough so he can tell us who did this to him."

"You think it's somebody we know? Someone close to him?"

"It wouldn't surprise me if it was." My bets on Ami, after the way he came on to me. I wouldn't put it pass the man.

Walking up the steps to the front door I reach for the knob only to miss and it to be yanked open.

"Sophia, you won't believe who is back to himself." My dad takes my hand walking quickly into the kitchen. Sitting in a stool staring out the window is Tristan.

His eyes are sunken in but they're green. His blonde dreads are pinned neatly in a bun and his torn clothes have been replaced with a blue button down and khakis.

Sniffing the air he whips around to me the biggest smile gracing his tired face. He looks weak but he's not some crazed animal anymore and that's good enough for me.

We've made it through the worst part.

"Hi Queenie." He says quietly walking the short distance to me hugging me tightly. Breathing in his familiar scent I sigh holding him to me.

"You're back." I sob. He lifts me in his arms kissing me all over. "I won't leave you ever again. I promise."

"Tristan you lucky bastard." Derrick laughs joining in on the hug.

He smiles patting Derrick on the back, "I had to get better for my beautiful lady. I couldn't give up."

"You're not a hundred percent Alpha but you're getting there. In about a week you should be fully recovered. Then we'll begin our training to get you back up to par." My dad says.

"Right and then I'm going to find Ami and kick his fucking teeth in for being a fucking traitor. He set me up."