Come back to me

The initial shock of seeing Tristan, being close to him, then being bit by him was a lot to take in.

It just didn't sit right with me that he is so wild. Like an untamed animal. I don't care what it takes I'm going to get through to him.

He's too important to me, I'm not going to let him rot in that cell. Gathering up my first aid kit I make my way back to the holding cell.

Tristan is eerily quiet, when I get to him he's staring through the glass right at me.

The same way I left him the day before. Eyes still jet black, breathing shallow, blood running from his wounds.

More hesitant than I was yesterday it takes me a few minutes to actually open the door.

My baby kicks once as if to say 'go in'. "Listen little me, I don't want either of us getting hurt so excuse my caution."

Another kick makes me chuckle, "Pistol, just like me."

Typing in the code I walk in closing the door. Instead of talking to Tristan I wait for him to notice me.

He sniffs the air growling, his head snaps to my direction. Don't be scared Sophie. He's not going to hurt you.

Taking a deep breath to calm my nerves I watch carefully as he stalks towards me. His movements are slow, almost zombie like.

When we're just inches apart he lifts a single finger to my shoulder where he bit me. A grimace spreads across his face before he drops his hand.

A tingle runs down my spine at his touch, I want nothing more than to wrap my arms around him. I want my mate back.

Tristan pushes me against the door pinning me there. I can't find my voice just like with Ami.

It's in there somewhere to scream, my dry throat just won't let it happen. Heart pounding in my ears I squeeze my eyes shut waiting for him to hurt me.

He smoothes his rough hands up my arms, down my breasts, finally resting them on my belly.

Little me kicks quickly over and over again. Like it wants to break free. Tristan stares down at my belly for awhile.

We stand there me trying to find my voice and Tristan making a weird whining sound.

He kneels down lifting my shirt pressing his lips to my belly. "Little me?" He says hoarsely.

I nod on the brink of tears. Tristan feathers kisses across my belly. Each spot he kisses our baby kicks back.

"We've missed you." I whisper. He sits back on his heels holding his head in his hands. "Queenie?"

"Yes I'm here." I kneel in front of him pulling out my supplies cleaning wounds.

"Poison." He croaks pointing to his throat. "I ate it. Crazy." He makes a gun with his fingers pretending to shoot his brain out.

"That's why I'm here Tristan. To help you, but you have to tell me exactly what you ate." He takes a plant from his pocket throwing it on the floor beside me.

"It hurts. I hurt." He pokes my chest then his. Though it's broken English I still get what he's trying to portray.

"I'll be alright. I want to take care of you right now." Grabbing the plant up I sit criss cross on the cold concrete floor studying it.

Tristan lays his head on my lap staring at my belly pressing his hand to it. Our baby is so excited by his presence it kicks at every touch.

"Pure Wolf's Bane, how are you still alive? Look at me Tristan."