Out and About

My dad said we could stay as long as we needed to. A month was good, it gave Tristan time to recoup and train. Gave Derrick time to relax and not look after me all the time.

I just gained weight with this baby. My back hurts, my feet, my existence hurts. If just carrying a baby is this exhausting God I don't even want to think about having her.

Trying on my third pair of jeans I throw myself across the bed frustrated. "Why won't you just zip dammit!?" I whine kicking my feet in a rage. "Fucking zippers! Ollie you're making mommy dress like a bum, my revenge will have no limits. If you grow up to be a tomboy, I'm sticking you in cute frilly dresses."

Tristan chuckles from the doorway,"Scare tactics don't work with babies."

"I know. It was worth a try though, help me out of these pants please."

"With pleasure." He grins seductively walking over to me sliding my pants down.

"Hey there Alpha get those hormones in check, that's how I got pregnant to begin with." Winking at him he shakes his head tugging my pants all the way down tossing them to the ground.

"I remember all too well that night Queenie. I wouldn't mind reenacting it someday."

"Uh uh. Ollie doesn't need to hear us doing that."

"Then be quiet." Tristan laughs jumping on the bed laying beside me.

"Shut up." I giggle. "We should finish packing."

He nods somberly, "I'm excited to see my pack. Just not Ami, I've gotta try to keep my cool. He can't know that I'm on to him."

Derrick talked Tristan into not going back home guns ablazing ripping Ami limb from limb. Which I'm thankful he could.

He freaked out away from me just in case he shifted neither Ollie nor I would be hurt.

"On another note. I love that you've given Olivia a nickname." Tristan teases holding his chest. "You wanted a girl deep down."

"Whatever." I roll my eyes, "She's my Ollie, I think it'll fit her.

"Your Ollie." He bends down to my stomach, "She's my Ollie too, right princess?" As if to say yes she kicks in agreement.

"Hey!" I laugh. "Ollie you're supposed to be on my side!"

"It's been decided, she's my princess."
Hitting him with a pillow I roll off the bed shuffling towards the closet.

"Well your princess needs food and so do I. We've decided you're taking us out for lunch." Sliding outfit after outfit to the side I find one that is OK I guess. "Tights and a tank it is." I mumble."Happy spring."

Pulling on the shirt which took some work Tristan stares at the floor tapping his leg nervously.

"Tristan? Are you okay?" He looks up at me half smiling. "Come here Queenie."

Doing as I'm told I sit on his lap wrapping my arms around his neck, "Tell me."

"Sophia, I'm scared. Scared to leave this place and hurt someone. Scared that I'll be taken from you again, it just keeps running through my mind that day. You have no clue what they did, how defenseless I was because they threatened to come back for you and I couldn't have that. So I let them beat me, feed me Wolf's Bane, drive me damn near insane if it meant you and our baby could be safe."

Wiping his tears away I kiss all over his face the way he does me. "Hey that's my thing." He jokes closing his eyes loving every flutter of a kiss.

"Tristan Masson you are as bold and as brave as they come. You're an outstanding Alpha and you're going to be an outstanding husband. Ollie already loves you so there's no doubt in my mind that you won't be an excellent father. I can't erase the past, I can help you now so we can prepare for the future. Tristan I love you and it'd take a lifetime to show it."

He smiles kissing me long and hard on the lips, "Good thing you've got a lifetime. For you we can go out, but not for long and it has to be overcrowded."

"So the Mall?"

"The Mall it is."

Our mall trip was going pretty good. We'd bought a few outfits for Ollie and a few outfits for me. Tristan really just wanted to watch me try on clothes cause lord knows I don't need them.

We sat down to eat pizza which I inhaled to Tristan's amusement. "Would you like another pizza?"

Between chewing I shake my head content with what I have. One medium cheese pizza is all I need.

"Can I ask you something?"

He nods, "Shoot."

"Twice you've bitten. Once we were um, having sex and then again when we found you."

"Uhuh, where are you going with this Queenie?"

Wiping my mouth with a napkin I place it down thinking carefully about what I'm going to say. "If the first bite was to give me your scent what was the second one?"

He smirks crossing his arms leaning across the table, "I know what you're thinking and how you're feeling. It's like marking part two."

Great now I'm not safe inside my own fucking head.

"You cuss a lot, more in your head than you do outwardly. It's really sexy and extremely distracting. Even when I'm out training I can hear your thoughts and feel your emotions. No wonder you're exhausted all the time."

"Is there a way I can block you out?"

I don't want him in my head all the time!? Where's my privacy dammit?

He chuckles leaning back in his chair, "Nope. I can pick through your mind all I want...well that's not true. If you want to block me out, imagine there's a wall you want to build in your mind. One I can't get through."

Sucking in a deep breath I construct that mental wall. Tristan frowns letting me know I did it.

"I didn't think you'd get it so quickly."

"I'm a fast learner." I say shrugging confidently.

"I see. No worries I'm not telling you how to block your feelings so ha." He grimaces crossing his arms.

"I don't care. I like having my own thoughts. If I get horny you don't need the visual anyway." I mumble to myself.

Of course he hears coughing on the soda he's sipping, "Queenie now I am regretting showing you how to block me out. You think of me like that?" Wriggling his eyebrows I look away embarrassed.

All the damn time. "Every once and a while." I shrug.

"That's cool. Tell me more." He encourages leaning across the table to hold my hand. "What do think about me? We can totally reenact these daydreams."

"Oh shut up." I hiss snatching my hand away wishing I could disappear right now. I'm turned on and he hasn't even done anything.

His eyes darken as he bites his lip, "Sophia. Be careful with those emotions, I don't have that much self control baby."

"Teach me how to block you out then."

"Nope."

"Well then we're both going to be horny, welcome to the one side of pregnancy. We've got at least five more emotions to get through in the next couple hours." Tristan laughs so hard and I'm just so in awe of that sound. I've missed this so much.