Stolen

This is it, the final weeks of being pregnant. I've been going through a series of crazy emotions. From dread to excitement, and everything in between. I'm sick of this dumb hormonal imbalance.

Tristan and I finally moved in to our new place. Only a few people know where it is. They did that to keep any threat away from me. So I'll be safe when this war goes down.

Tristan was gone a lot in preparation for this battle. We seemed to only be around each other at night. Well he got to see me, I was usually asleep by then.

I needed to occupy my time so I began decorating Ollie's nursery. Lime green and baby blue were painted on the walls. Her crib had been set up and I just finished stocking the closet with diapers, wipes, and cute little clothes.

Hurry up Ollie, mommy can't wait to hold you. I think to myself caressing my belly feeling her kick back.

"I don't know about you, but I could go for a spinach grilled cheese." Waddling out of her room I look back proud of my work before shutting the door.

Hands reach out pushing me against the door roughly. It takes me a moment to register what's happened. Quickly snapping to I elbow the intruder head butting him.

He stumbles back holding his nose, as fast as my legs will carry me I dash for Tristan and my room. The man is close on my heels. Shutting the door his hand gets trapped in between, he yells out in pain snatching it away.

What the fuck is happening right now?

Shuffling to my side table drawer I grab my gun loading a clip in. It's quiet on the other end of the door but I don't dare go to see if he's left.

Fishing my phone from my pocket I hit redial on Tristan's name. He picks up on the first ring.

"Queenie?"

"There's somebody here." I whisper completely shaken up.

"What? I'm on my way baby don't worry." I hear him grab keys but I know he won't get here in time. I shut my eyes holding back tears that threaten to spill.

"Tristan I love you."

"Don't do that Queenie, don't tell me goodbye." I don't want to but he's just not going to get to me in time.

"I'm sorry." I whisper placing the phone down firing my weapon at the man charging in the room.

"SOPHIA!" Goddammit. I hear her scream through the receiver gun shots blare through my phone. I shouldn't have left her there.

Speeding out of the driveway racing to our house I'm fucking losing my mind. I'd never forgive myself if something happened to Queenie or Olivia. I can't lose them, I promised everything would be okay.

Her phone call replays in my mind until I reach home. Nothing seems out of place but I can smell the putrid stench of hunters. Motherfuckers.

Kicking the front door open ready for an attack, it's dead silent. Inside you can see the struggle that must've ensued.

Plants and picture frames are broken, heading upstairs even though Sophia told me not to go in Olivia's nursery I have to see, based on the splintered wood of the door, I need to know if this is where they got her.

The door creaks open revealing a spotless room. So it didn't happen here. Sighing frustrated I follow the trail of blood drops to our room, that's where I see it.

Bullet holes through the door, shell casings laying close to her bedside table. A trail of blood leading straight to where she must've been standing. Her phone is completely crushed laying on the floor.

The blood smells fresh tainting the air, it's not hers. Good job baby. She's gone but I know she put up one hell of a fight.

Ami is going to get what's coming to him. He took her from me and I want her back.

I've been blindfolded by the jerk off who took me. My lip is puffy and bleeding but it's nothing compared to the bullets on his partners leg and arms.

No way were they taking me without a fight. "I thought you said she was human?"

One man asks the other, the one I shot up lays unconscious beside me.
If I could smother him I'd do it, I hope you fucking die.

"She is. At least that's what the boss said." The getaway driver answers shrugging.

The man who grabbed me turns around to glare at me, I stick up my middle finger making him chuckle. "I see why he likes her. She's a real ball of fire. Cute too."

"Fuck you." I croak wincing. Not right now Olivia, please don't do this right now.

"What do you mean Ami's disappeared? He has my mate find that fucker and get him back to me." I order guards who are all in a frenzy.

Ami can't be gone, if I don't have him then I'll have no way of finding Sophia. That I can't have.

Derrick comes up to me looking about as distraught as I feel. "What?"

He shakes his head handing me a phone with a video message on it. In the backseat of a van is Sophia looking pissed. Not scared but absolutely pissed. Queenie. She's a little battered but is holding her head high.

A man I don't recognize comes into view blocking her, "She's one tough girl. Shot a man of mine all up, but that's nothing compared to what I'll do with that baby of hers. She's going into labor Alpha. Her head or yours? You decide." The screen fades black ending the call.

I toss it aside in my anger tearing everything in sight apart. Why did I leave her alone? Why didn't I protect her? Get to her sooner? I need her, I need my mate back.

"Find that son of a bitch, track that call so we can get her back." I bark authoritively.

Derrick picks the phone up nodding,"We'll get her back sir. She's a strong girl she'll be okay."

It isn't her strength I'm worried about, it's mine if I don't save her in time