Shower

My fucking baby shower, I do not like being in the spotlight. I damn sure don't appreciate Tristan throwing this surprise shower. That sounds ungreatful but seriously, he didn't need to have people pop out at me screaming surprise. I almost peed myself, and I dropped my bowl of mango.

Tristan claps his hands laughing at the expression on my face. Smiling nervously at him he pulls me in a hug,"I love you."

"I'm gonna kill you." I grit out pinching his side. "I almost peed myself."

"Queenie the look on your face. I should've taken a picture." He chuckles leading me through the crowd most of which I've got no clue who they are.

"I feel bad, I don't know everybody's name but they know mine. Does that make me a bad Luna?"

Tristan snorts, "No Sophia, you'll get to know them. As long as you plan on sticking around."

Crossing my arms I turn my nose up,"Fortunate for you being 7 months makes it much harder to go anywhere without you. So you're stuck with me."

"That's it? What about I love you daddy?"

"Daddy?" I scoff. "I wouldn't call you that."

"Funny pretty sure that's what you said last night in bed." Pinching his side he growls giving me a playful look. "Daddy." He mocks my voice moaning.

"Shut up someone will hear you!" I hiss waddling away from him laughing in the background.

"Sophie!" I would know that voice anywhere, bounding towards me is Dilynn. She bear hugs me sobbing,"Sophie look at you! You're so beautiful! What, how's the baby oh my gosh look at you!"

We both cry holding on to each other it has been way too long without my best friend. I never want to go this long without seeing her again.

"Dilynn oh my God where do I begin." I breathe stepping back from her. "What about you? Last time we were together that other cop took you home what happened with that?"

She smiles tucking hair behind her ear,"He's around here somewhere. He's a good guy, a little over protective but he's good. We're great, I think it's serious."

"Look at us growing up." I nudge her gently, we link arms talking and walking around greeting everyone. I tell her everything that's happened up to us coming back here.

"That motherfucking prick. Who gets THAT jealous?" She fumes. "Tell me you let Tristan get rid of him?"

She waits for my answer but before I can explain further Ami walks up. "Luna and you are?"

"Dilynn, who are you?"

Well this is awkward. "Oh um Dilynn this is Ami, the one I've been telling you about." Giving her a look trying to convey that I'd like her to stay quiet about what she knows she nods.

"Oh Ami, I've heard so much about you. Too much really."

Way to stick it to him Dil.

He looks between me and her squinting, "Funny I haven't heard a single thing about you."

"Alrighty well now that you've both met we'll just be going." Yanking her arm Ami reaches out grabbing my elbow. "Wait can we talk for a second?"

"Fine." I huff. "Go ahead Dil I'll catch up."

"Hell no I'm not leaving you with-

"Dilynn please. I'll catch up." Patting her hand she walks off. We leave the shower to speak in the hallway outside.

"What do you want?" I say turning back to him, he shoves his hands in his pockets smiling. "You of course."

"Ami not today." Ready to walk away he grabs my arm again."Sophia listen, I just wanted to say how beautiful you look and all though this isn't my baby. I love it like it's my own."

Ripping my arm out of his grasp I slap him hard across the face, "Stay far away from my baby. I'm not kidding Ami, I'll kill you myself."

Rubbing the side of his face he snarls squeezing my face kissing me hard, "I'm always going to be around. Always, you love me too much to ever let me go."

"You think too much of your importance in my life. I know what you've been up to Ami. I know what you've done and you told me without even realizing. If you so much as step a toe out of line I will rip you limb from limb." Pushing him away I march back in to the ballroom trying to calm my breaths and look as normal as possible. I really want to curl in a ball and cry.

Tristan slips his hand in mine looking down at me knowingly, "Don't. Don't say I told you so."

"I'm not Queenie, don't let him ruin your day. I'll handle him, we got his allies in our custody. It's just him we need to take care of." He kisses my forehead holding me close.

To everyone passing by I probably look overwhelmed by how nice the shower is, if only they knew something else entirely is overwhelming me right now.

The rest of the shower went on without issue, Derrick's gift was the most ridiculous. What infant needs a bow and arrow? She won't be using that for awhile.

Dilynn got us a crib which was really unnecessary, it's cute. With flowers carved into the wood giving it a fairytale-esque look.

My dad brought his self, and promised to train her so she'd become badass like me. Tristan was not in the least bit entertained by his daughter becoming a fighting machine. He'll get over it though.

Ami gave us pampers and a personalized card to be read after the shower. Probably says how he plans on killing us off.

Gerry and Theresa out did everyone by getting us a house, like a legit house we can all live in. Who gifts a house for a baby shower!?

"Is this your way of kicking us out?" I tease hugging them both. "Because this is the nicest eviction notice ever."

"You could call it that." Theresa laughs. "We just figured you guys wanted to raise our grand baby away from this craziness."

"Well we appreciate it." Tristan interjects.

Elle, the Luna I met at my introduction to the pack comes up to me. We squeal and hug excited to see one another. "Look at your belly!" I gush.

"Look at yours! Almost over huh?"

"Yep. I can't wait."

"I hear you."

When the shower officially ends and all the guests have left excluding Elle and J we head up to Gerry's office.

Tristan speaks first, "We need your help taking down Ami."