Pillow talk

My dad was not joking when he said they'd jump right in to training. The moment Tristan was cleared of Wolf's bane they began.

I have never been more bored in my life. They're gone from the crack of dawn until midafternoon. I just lay around eating, thinking of baby names.

Around three o'clock Tristan comes trudging into the room laying his sweaty self across the bed smiling at me.

"What did I do now?"

"Nothing." I shrug biting into a slice of pineapple. Tristan watches intently taking a piece. "Hey that's mine!" I whine as he pops the slice in his mouth with a wink.

I roll my eyes muttering, "Jerk. First you leave me alone for hours only to come back and eat what's mine. Just rude."

"I love you." He laughs resting his head on my lap. "I'm all yours for the rest of the day, so what would you like to do?"

"I'm so glad you asked." Smiling from ear to ear he furrows his eyebrows, "I hate this already."

"Oh come on, we're just going to pick out a name for our baby."

He lights up placing a hand on my stomach, "What is little me going to be anyway?"

Placing down my plate I cross my arms in mock disappointment, "Congratulations daddy, you get to have your baby girl."

He lifts my shirt kissing my belly talking to our daughter, "I knew it. Hi daddy's little princess.Deep down inside mommy wanted a girl to play dress up with."

The baby kicks hard against his cheek making him laugh kissing what appears to be her foot pressed to my belly.

"She's fiesty, definitely gets it from you Queenie." He stands up taking off his shirt tossing it aside before going to the bathroom to shower.

We've been laying on the bed thinking of baby names or at least I have, and Tristan has been messing with the baby. Scaring her each time he blows a raspberry on my belly.

He's completely entertained by her jumping each time he does it. The moment he stops she kicks trying to get his attention so he can keep playing.

She's not even here yet and they're already having so much fun. "Did you think of a name yet?"

"Nope." He goes back to kissing my belly and blowing raspberries driving me nuts. "You two are having too much fun." I giggle closing my eyes dozing off.

It's quiet for moment which is all I need to take a quick nap. Tristan rests his chin on my thigh rubbing his hand across my belly in a circular motion.

"Sophia are you tired?" He whispers.

"Shush, I'm trying to take a nap."

"Olivia." He blurts out. "Olivia Marie Masson."

Peaking an eye open he scoots his head up to my belly listening to her move. "Olivia it is." I whisper closing my eyes.

"I'm going to go figure out a game plan with Derrick."

"No you're not. You promised me that I'd have you for the rest of the day." I mumble tiredly.

"Queenie you're tired, get some sleep."

"No you are going to cuddle me dammit. Worry about a game plan tomorrow."

Laying next to me he throws his arm around kissing my cheek. "So bossy."

I could feel it bubbling up, I tried to hold back but I couldn't. Tristan looked so horrible when we first came to the cottage and I can't unsee that.

My dream keeps replaying the feral look on his face. The blood gushing from open wounds. His eyes, my God his hauntingly black eyes.

He didn't look anything like himself and that scared me. The tears trickle down my face as I mumble unintelligible words.

Tristan rubs his hand across my cheek whispering for me to wake up. Telling me he's here now and nothing will take him away again.

"Queenie please wake up. Look at me baby I'm fine. I promise I'm fine." He says gently.

My eyes flutter open, through my tears I see his blue green eyes. "You're okay?"

"Yeah Queenie."

"Your ear?"

He reaches up to touch the missing tip of it smiling, "Still gone. I'm a Were we can heal not regrow body parts."

We laugh at his dumb joke until I'm back to crying, "Why did you bite me? It hurt, you hurt me."

He looks away pained biting his lip, "I couldn't help it. I tried not to but you were right there. You're mine and I had to mark you. I feel bad about it sure but I don't regret doing it."

"I'm already pregnant by you. Why isn't that enough?"

"Sophia no, I want more of you. Yes I want you to have my kids but I want you forever. Marking you ensures that."

"You couldn't have just proposed?"

"Consider it my pre-proposal." He grins holding me close.

"I have been waiting for you to come back to me. I knew you weren't dead." I confess playing with his dreads.

He nods becoming serious,"I'm glad you never gave up. Can I ask you something?"

I shrug waiting for him to continue. "Can I trust Derrick?"

"Yes, he has been by my side this entire time. Through my fits of rage, my depression, everything. That kid has picked me up at my lowest moments. So did Ami but somewhere along the way Ami began blurring the line between his job and how he felt about me personally."

"What do you mean?"

Shit. Guess I'll just have to come out and tell him.

"W-well, he kind of came on to me."

Tristan growls holding me tighter taking in a deep breath, "What did he say?"

"Um he kissed me. He went on this rant about how I'm supposed to be with him. I kicked him in the nuts if that makes you feel better."

"I'm gonna rip his fucking throat out. That asshole is going to pay, I'm going to make him regret every decision he's made. That traitor."

"Are you mad at me Tristan?"

"No Queenie, what's done is done. I'm sure you care for him but know that he's dead to me. I'm going to kill him."

"I valued our friendship but he ruined that the moment I found out he set you up. Fuck him."