-4-

August 1st., Thursday 3:12 p.m.

Downtown Atlanta

University of Georgia

Biology Class 

I can hear my professor starting up another lecture but I just didn't hear it. It's so funny how when you're under stress everything just doesn't apply to you anymore. I'm just so consumed in the events that have recently occured that I can't focus on my everyday life. I came out of my deep thought when my phone began to buzz. A few heads turned to me and then turned back around; I unlocked it and saw I had two new messages. 

I opened it and the first one was from Rachael I quickly tapped it and waited for it to load, it read: So sorry gurl....I was running errands. I just got to campus, so after class meet me  outside in that picnic area...see ya there! I sighed with relief because the first time I called her she didn't answer and I was in desperate need of comfort. I then opened my second message and it was from Javier, oh boy. It read: I think I should apologize for what happened the other day, earlier when I left I went to my friend's crib and we got high so as you can see coccain is a helluva drug right? lol.. but yea..I'm working an extra shift tonight so I probably won't be home till tomorrow morning...I love you.. Are you fucking kidding right now? How the hell is what he did funny? This is really pissing me off right now! I got another message and it was from him again, it read: Are you gonna be okay all by yourself tonight? I was so agitated I ignored the message and just waited for this damn old hag to shut the fuck up.

Class eventually ended, I grabbed my belongings and started leaving the auditorium. Before I could get out my isle I was stopped by someone. I turned around and my eyes met with a pair of light brown ones. " Hey you're Niara right?" he said in a sly, deep, tone. Hot damn he is scrumcious I could see his muscles through his shirt, he was tall, curly hair died blonde and don't get me started on that damn smile; he got me mealting! Alright get it together Niara, copen your mouth and smile. "Yea I think that's me, I'm sorry who are you again?" I smiled. He laughed and then bit his lip, I barely noticed his eyes circling my body like I was some piece of meat. " I'm Elijah, and it's finnaly nice to meet you." he laughed.

I gave him a puzzled expression and knit my brow, "What do you mean ' it's finally nice to meet you'?" I questioned. He smiled and said, "I sit two rows behind you to your left, Today I saw  you quiet disturbed and pretty zoned out." "Zoned out? What? Me? Oh no I just-" I started to say. "Yea sure Hippie." he joked. Whoa! What the fuck? Nobody ever calls me that unless I'm on the stage. He grined devilishly and licked his lips. "Aww don't tell me you don't remember? Those hundreds you came home with two nights ago? he whispered. Oh god that was him? Damn, now I remember I saw those eyes. He was the one I got close to. You done it now Niara, congrats! "I have someone to meet, I have to go sorry." I replied abruptly. 

I turned to leave and he grabbed my arm. I groan because because I was still in pain. "Oh sorry did i hurt yo-" he paused, he stared at my arm in disbelief. Shit! I forgot to cover that one with foundation, just my luck. "Who did this to you?" he asked concerned." It's nothing!" I hissed while snatching my arm back. "This is nothing Niara?" he question. "Did I studder?" I asked coping an additude. "Do you wanna talk about it?" he asked sheeply. I gave him a look that begged no, kinda like a sad puppy dog face. "I'll tell you what, why don't we talk it over dinner tonight?" he offered. Javier wasn't gonna be home tonight so I guess that would be okay. "Yeah sure, where are we going?" I asked. "Let this be a suprise and text me your address so I can come get you." he answered. "but you don't have my num-," he pulled out his phone and waited for me to start talking, talk about being straight foward.

I paused and the spoke, "678-425-1532." I answered. He gave me his, I saved it and then he left. I stood there in the empty auditorium questioning myself wondering how many more people know I'm a stripper. I blew it off and left to go meet Rachael.

4:06 p.m.

Campus picnic area

I got to the picnic table that was shaded by a weeping  willow, sat down, waiting while enjoying the breeze. I then saw her walking over to where I was, I waved and she waved back. You see, Rachael and I have been good friends since grade school, when we were younger my only wish was to be like her. She was the total opposite of me Even though I was light skin, long curly hair, and a good set of curves; she was tall like 5'11 or something, a mellow chocolate skin tone, curvy, medium length but her slight carribean accent just topped it off completely. I mean, I was half carribean to but I had a regular ATL accent. But what I wanted more than to be her was her relationship luck, she was engaged to this gourgeous light skin, blexican named Derren. I haven't met him yet but I plan to.

She finally made it to the table and colasped on the bench. "So what's up? I saw how many missed calls I had from you so I guess it's something important right?" she laughed. I chuckled but my jolly expression soon faded. Her body language became acute and she look and her eyebrows creased in a concerned manner. "What's going on Niara?" she asked seriously. I looked down trying to keep my composure and not cry. "It happened again." I blurted out. "No, Niara! You trying to tell me he put his hands on you again?!?" she interrogated raising her voice. "Why are you even with him, if I were you I would've been lef-" "It's not that simple okay? Before him I didn't have a pot to piss in or  a window to through it out of, don't tell me you forgot how I used to be. I struggled day in day out, and nobody gave a damn. I have a job now, I have somwhere to sleep and I can pay for school!" I argued. "You call that a job Niara? By the way what do you mean nobody gave a damn? I was there for you, you even turned me down when I offered to  take you in!" she retorted. "You know I don't like favors, and besides you and Derren we're having some issues and I didn't wanna be in the middle of it all." I sobbed. 

I couldn't contain myself anymore I didn't care who looked at me, I was at wits end and I just let it all out. "Alright, Alright you're fine, it's all gonna work out. I'm here for you girl, no matter if you stay with that damn pyscho or work at that whore house." she comforted. She got up and gave me a hug, this is exactly what I needed; someone who was loving and cared for me. Javier is just like this, that is when he takes his medication.

We soon parted and I went home to get ready for my little date with what's his face, oh yea Elijah.

Picture of elijah to the right>>>>>>>>>>>