The Search Is On

"Ikoe. Ikoe come in," Obi-Wan's voice cut through Fox's voice as Ikoe talked with him about possible sightings of Bane. Fox nodded to her as she pressed her comm and stepped away from the three Corries.
"Yes, Master?"

"Head to the ships. We're going to Rodia," he replied and she hummed.

"I'll be there soon, Master," she said and ended the comm before glancing over at the Corries.

"Keep an eye out for anything suspicious. We never know if Bane will come back here," she said and Fox nodded.

"Will do. Either one of my men or I will comm you if we see anything," Fox said as his two other men nodded agreement. Ikoe gave a sharp nod before rushing toward the docking bay in the Temple. She reached it quickly and saw Obi-Wan waiting at a ship's ramp for her.

"Where were you, my padawan?" he asked as they went up the ramp.

"Talking with Commander Fox and his men to keep a search up for Bane," she replied and Obi-Wan nodded with a smile.

"Excellent thinking. It's always good to get the guard to keep an eye out as well," Obi-Wan said as they sat down and Obi-Wan turned the ship on.

"What are you hoping to find on Rodia?" she asked as the ship took off into the atmosphere.

"Bane. If not him, at least information about why he was there," he replied and Ikoe nodded understanding to that.

"How did you guys figure out Rodia?" Obi-Wan glanced over at her as they entered hyperspace.

"It's not easy, but if you focus on the Force in meditation, you can see possible locations of places someone you're looking for is going to," he replied and she nodded at that, looking at her hands in thought. The rest of the trip is silent as Obi-Wan glanced over at Ikoe who sat in deep thought about something. They soon land on Rodia and head toward a house that held a Force-sensitive child and knocked on the door.

When the woman who lived in the house didn't answer, Obi-Wan knocked on the door once more, sharing a concerned look with Ikoe. "If you're looking for my son, Jedi, he's not here," the woman said when the door opened finally but she then turned away letting the door close.

"Where is he?" Obi-Wan called right before the door closed and they shared another look as a baby's muffled cries came through.

"I say he's in there alright," Ikoe said and Obi-Wan nodded in agreement.

"Open the door," Obi-Wan demanded before raising a hand to the keypad next to it to open the door himself with the Force when it became apparent the woman wasn't going to open the door. "You'll never get him," the woman said looking at the two with distaste as she leveled a gun their way.

"Where is the bounty hunter?"

The woman looked confused at his words. "Bounty hunter? He was a Jedi." She places her free hand to her temple, a slightly pained confusion settling on her face. Obi-Wan then used the Force to pull the gun to him before tossing it aside.

"Jedi do not carry guns," Obi-Wan informed as a look of horror grew on her face.

"What have I done?" she muttered.

"She was tricked, Master!" Ikoe called as she turned to see Bane holding a child that started crying, causing the other two to look as well. He was wearing a Jedi robe over his usual gear but left his hat in his ship. Seeing them looking, Bane took off with a grunt. Ikoe shared a quick look with Obi-Wan before rushing after the man. They twisted between people and buildings before finding Bane zipping up to the roof of a building.