The Long Haul

Hey guys! I hope you're excited for the next chap! So the wait is because I was focusing on school but now I can relax and write! Also, the next chap will be the Rako Hardeen Arc which I have been planning out slowly. Enjoy!

"You think he'll like it?" Ikoe asked, looking down at the bag in her hand holding Fox's gift. She had gotten it when they went to Little Mandalore. Her fingers tugged and twisted the fabric handle.

"I'm sure he will. It's practical and he'll enjoy it," Obi-Wan said with a smile, watching as Ikoe continued to fiddle with the bag's handle. "Go take it to him. You've been questioning it for days already," he said, earning a sheepish look from Ikoe.

"Alright. I'll be back soon!" she said finally standing up and leaving their shared rooms. Rushing through the halls of the Temple, she nodded greeting to those she knew.

Reaching Fox's office, Ikoe paused momentarily, glancing over at Thorn who had walked her over and gave her a reassuring smile. "He needs a break anyways, and he'll enjoy it," Thorn said, patting her shoulder before walking away. She didn't knock right away when Thorn walked off, instead, she stared at the door. Her hands gripped the bag's handles tight before releasing and repeating. She gave herself a shake, plastered a smile on her face, and knocked.

"Come in," came Fox's muffled reply, and Ikoe opened the door. Fox was once more bent over his desk working on forms. Glancing up as she stopped in front of his desk, he stopped working and sat up. "Ikoe, it's good to see you. What can I do for you?" he asked, looking her over briefly and smiling softly at seeing her slowly getting better. A familiar shine to her eyes that had been missing the last visit.

"Well, on our trip to Little Mandalore, I got you something, I just only found the time to come over to give it to you," she explained, reaching out to place the bag that had been behind her back.

"Thank you," Fox said, pulling the bag closer and grabbing the item inside. Setting it down on the desk, he moved the bag aside before unwrapping the item and pausing as he looked at the red mug with a stylized tooka design on it. He stared at the mug, turning it about in his hands before looking up at Ikoe whose fingers twitched with worry.

"Do...do you like it?" Ikoe asked, swallowing the lump in her throat. His small smile had her shoulders slumping in relief.

"I like it. Thank you, Ikoe," he said and Ikoe grinned at that.

"I'm glad. I was worried you wouldn't," she admitted with a soft huff.

"There was no reason to worry," he replied and she could only give a soft chuckle at that.

"All the vode said that too, along with Master Obi-Wan. They said you'd like it," Ikoe said, earning an eye roll from Fox.

"Of course they did. Not surprising," Fox said, and Ikoe didn't hide the smile that grew on her lips.

"Can't blame them. You do seem to live off of caff," she teased, sitting down on the chair across from Fox.

"Can they blame me?" he asked, leaning back in his seat and Ikoe shook her head.

"Nope. They can't. If you didn't, I don't think you'd get your work done," she joked, earning a chuckle and an eye roll from Fox.

XXX

The fight on Katraasii was exhausting. A four-month-long fight that seemed to drag on for everyone. Ikoe could only slump against the crate against her back, her legs and arms screaming at her. It felt like every time they had a moment to breathe, something happened drawing them into battle once more. She had been leading the charge in pushing back the Clankers and it was tiring.