Invasion of Rishi Outpost

I hope you guys are excited for this chap. Here comes Domino Squad!

Ikoe was smiling as she listened to Cody and Rex talk about how Rex would lead the inspection. "So, Commander, why are you joining us for this inspection?" Rex asked and Ikoe smiled at the question that sounded scratchy thanks to the comm system.

"Well, it's easy. I want to learn more about the GAR procedures along with getting to know you guys more. Master Obi-Wan and Master Plo say it's important to have trust in the men you fight beside and the best way to develop trust is through getting to know them," she answered.

"What about the other Jetti?" Rex asked and Ikoe smirked.

"Master Mace is really a softy so he agrees. The others, well, they can't really stop it since there needs to be trust between people to work together well," she replied and heard Cody sigh in response. "Yes, Cody?"

"If you bond with the men any further, no one will sleep on their bunks. As you know that would be bad during an emergency," he pointed out and Ikoe snorted as she heard Rex make a questioning sound.

"What are you talking about?" Rex asked.

"Ikoe along with Captain Blue, you know the vode that quickly transferred from ARC to captain?" Cody asked and must have seen Rex nod.

"Oh yeah. Blue's a good man. Quite proud of him," Rex commented.

"Yeah, he and Ikoe have taken to talking with the men to get to know them and get them out of their shells. Helped at least half of the shinies to find their names. However, occasionally, after a tough battle, I've come across the two of them cuddling in their sleep with others soon to follow. Most of the time it's in the canteen. Half the time neither has finished their food," he explained and Rex snorted in response.

"That sounds about right. I've heard many stories of men finding Blue asleep anywhere and everywhere. But it's still good for morale. The 501st occasionally does it after battle when they've been told they don't have anything to worry about," Rex said and Cody made a noise of understanding and most likely nodded.

"I guess," Cody replied warily.

"Hey, Rex?" Ikoe called.

"Yes, Commander?"

"First, you can call me Ikoe. Second, I think if we can, we should get Commander Cody to join in a cuddle pile. He sounds like he needs it," she said.

"Oh, I think so as well," Rex said and Ikoe knew there was a smirk on Rex's lips from his tone of voice when he replied.

"Perfect."

"We're approaching Rishi Station. Time to give the boys a warning that we're coming," Cody said exasperated, and listened to Rex make a sound of understanding. "Rishi outpost, this is Commander Cody. Do you copy?" he signaled before waiting for a response. Getting none, he glanced at Rex who frowned. "Rishi outpost, please respond."

"I've got a bad feeling about this," Ikoe muttered.

"Same," Rex whispered back.

"Rishi outpost, come in," Cody repeated.

"Sorry, Commander," a clone replied, at last, appearing in front of Rex. "We're, um, experiencing technical difficulties."

A frown pulled at Ikoe's lips as she listened to the conversation. "This is the inspection team," Cody replied with what she knew was a hard look.