Having Some Time To Enjoy

I hope you guys are excited! The next major arc coming up is the Rako Hardeen Arc. It won't be coming for a couple of chaps but just know it's coming soon! Enjoy this chap in the meantime!

Fox's office was a dismal gray box. Durasteel walls on all sides with no window to the outside. His desk was covered in datapads that held the many forms a Marshal Commander had to deal with. Only a few datapads didn't deal with any documents, those stored maps of the places his men were tasked with patrolling that he had to double-check were up to date every month.

There was only one light in the room on the ceiling. It was dim inside.

Across from his desk, against the wall next to the door, was a couch Master Windu gave him when he realized how often Fox stayed up working. Currently, his vod'ika Naak was sleeping on the couch. Naak had covered a vod's shift, making it a double shift which Fox wasn't happy with. And then, he had decided to keep Fox company since Thorn and Thire were called away. He couldn't help but look over fondly at his vod'ika who fell asleep pretty quickly listening to the steady clicks of the stylus against the datapads.

He loved his vod'ikas, he hated seeing them hurt. If he could, he'd keep them from being hurt by the lowlives they were forced to protect on Coruscant. He was just glad their vod in the GAR finally understood that their jobs weren't easier finally and checked in on them when they visited. It made their lives better having their vod's support.

The hiss of his office door opening had Fox looking up confused and wary. He didn't have any meetings listed, patrols were still going, and usually unplanned meetings meant trouble. He was pushing himself to his feet but paused when he saw who was standing in the doorway. "Oh, Ikoe, Ahsoka, Bob'ika, Omeg'ika, vod," Fox greeted, sitting back down at his desk as the group entered his office. Seeing their looks at Naak, he didn't stop the smile that grew on his lips, no doubt the two jetii'ika's feeling his fondness. "He took a double shift and wanted to keep me company. Fell asleep within minutes," he explained and watched as they all looked fondly at Naak as well. He wasn't surprised when Omega decided to join Naak and curled up in his arms.

As they watched, Naak curled protectively around Omega, tucking her head under his chin. Moon was quick to take a holo of the two with a big grin, no doubt excited to show their vod the cute holo. "A double shift?" Ikoe asked softly, her head tilting in confusion that he didn't doubt the others felt as well.

"I didn't want to, but a vod in the night shift was put into the Medbay for a concussion. Naak volunteered to take it even though he just finished his own shift," Fox said and the group nodded. They didn't like it, but it happened. They didn't have enough vod to cover shifts when one couldn't make it. He requested more men, but Chancellor Palpatine refused. The men that were transferred took time to train and transition from the front lines with a couple not even being able to handle going to the prison where Fox needed more men. He was just grateful Senators Organa, Amidala, Chuchi, Vang, and several others were fighting to allow him to get more men.

"Have they not gotten you more vod?" Blue asked, sharing a look with Rex when Fox shook his head.

"No. The Chancellor has been pushing back, but several Senators are fighting against it," Fox said, earning nods from the group. "But how are you two? I heard what happened," he asked, looking between Ikoe and Rex. Rex looked exhausted but fine. From what it sounded like, Fox was surprised Ikoe was allowed outside of the Temple. Her blue sweater no doubt hid the scars created by those demagolka Zygerrians. But even as she hides the scars, he knows she's just as tired as Rex, physically and emotionally.

He's seen it on plenty of his vod and vod'ikas when they're called in to help with a Senator who doesn't hide their disdain for them. Downcast eyes. Slumped shoulders. Small things others wouldn't notice. But he knew the signs. Saw them daily.