A Time For Healing

Ok, I hope you guys are excited about this!! I never really intended for this, but, well, it just sorta popped into my head and just didn't LEAVE. So, I hope you guys enjoy it!

Warning, there will be mentions of dead bodies, but it won't be graphic, but I felt like I should at least prepare ya for it.

After everything that happened on Umbara, Ikoe was glad to be back on Coruscant. The three battalions were given a well-deserved leave with the 312th having the longest. She honestly wouldn't be surprised if they were given a light mission at the end of the month to give them a bit more time. The 501st had been given 3 weeks of leave which she was amused to see had Anakin spending lots of time with his wife and Ahsoka and just hanging out with the vod. The 212th had the shortest leave, only 2 weeks before they had to return to the front lines.

She was happy to see the 312th reunite with their batchmates and enjoyed seeing Iri hanging with them, happy to reunite with the few other men she had served with that had survived everything thrown at them. Talking with a mind healer was draining.

It didn't matter if it was the 1st or 20th visit.

It was draining.

But it left her feeling lighter.

Talking with the woman about what she went through on Umbara under Krell left her feeling raw. But it was good for her. It helped her move on and grow from the experience.

But....

It also made her realize something.

Her parents.

When she talked about it, she realized she felt guilty about them. Here she was living her life while their final resting place was a hostile planet far from home. Thinking back to after the crash, she couldn't recall much, she couldn't even recall if Zahea mentioned burying them. She had never visited the crash when she had lived on Vanqor with the woman, always feeling panicked about going back to the final place she had seen her parents.

But maybe.....it was time to finally go back. Go back and finally take them home to Concord Dawn where they would help give them a proper Mandalorian burial.

Walking through the Temple, Ikoe followed her bond with Obi-Wan to the outdoor training grounds. He was easy to spot, sitting under the big tree with Cody and Quinlan beside him. Heading over to them, Ikoe was tapping her fingers against her vambraces behind her back. The three looked up at her when she stopped in front of them, watching as she fidgeted slightly under their gazes. "Is everything okay, Ikoe?" Obi-Wan asked and watched as she nodded hesitantly.

"Yes, everything is okay," she replied quickly, moving her hands to clasp them in front of herself. "While with my mind healer, my parents were brought up," she started, looking down at her hands, she didn't notice Obi-Wan standing. She startled when he placed his hands on her shoulders but relaxed quickly.

"Was it upsetting to talk about them?" he asked softly when she didn't say anything more.

"No, yes," she stumbled out, moving easily when Obi-Wan pulled her close. She gripped the back of his tunics as she took a deep breath. "I just keep thinking....I left them on that horrid planet. I know they died trying to protect me, but....they don't deserve to be left there....forgotten like...." she tried explaining softly but she lost the words, her voice catching as pressure built behind her eyes with tears gathering.

"You feel guilty," Obi-Wan stated softly and felt her nod against his chest.

"Yes. They died so I could live but I left them there where no one cares about their sacrifice. During my session, she let me comm Mia to ask her about it. Mia said that I could bring their bodies to Concord Dawn and we'd give them a proper burial and their names would be added to the memorial. They....they never did it because while they never heard from them, there had been a hope that they would return to them. But now they can and people will mourn and celebrate their life," Ikoe said softly and Obi-Wan hummed as he nodded to himself.