A Deception So Grand

So, first off, I'm sorry about how long this update took. I didn't mean for it to take this long, but honestly, I'm not really surprised. Those last couple months of the semester took a lot out of me so I've been depleted. I wish I could say that won't happen, but I can't. Honestly, my motivation and inspiration for my fics are really taking a nosedive toward being random. I hope you guys understand, I can only hope that as I settle in, I don't get as drained. Anyways, I hope you're excited! We're at the Rako Hardeen arc! So this is going to be different from canon and how I did it originally. I hope you enjoy it.

Art(Ikoe's undercover look is here so look for reference):

https://ranger-jedi-knight.tumblr.com/post/713351057416339456/fic-art-dump-6

From the silence, Ikoe couldn't keep the grin from her lips staring up at the prison. Seems everything was still going to plan. Glancing over, she couldn't help but snort at the positions the guards put themselves in to sell that she knocked them out. From the shudder running through one, she knew they were struggling to not laugh themselves because of her. "Shh!" she shushed, having to take a moment herself.

She kicked the trooper's foot when his chest continued to move with silent chuckles and nodded at seeing them get themselves under control. The magenta vambraces on her arms drew her attention. She missed wearing her mother's vambraces but they were too obvious and she didn't want to change them. The only thing she added to the paint was the Jedi symbol since that was all she could bear to do. Besides, it wouldn't go with her undercover outfit.

Slipping on her helmet once more, she used the HUD to see if anyone was coming. Seeing three figures, she reached out and smiled at feeling Obi-Wan coming closer. She poked Obi-Wan, grinning when he poked her back in warning. Jumping into the speeder they rented, she looked over at the exit and watched as Obi-Wan led Cade Bane and the hunched figure of Moralo Eval toward her.

Obi-Wan easily jumped in beside her and watched as the two paused to look. "And who's this?" Bane demanded and Ikoe huffed.

"His kid," Ikoe said, jerking her head at Obi-Wan who made sure to look proud at her. "Now, do you want to get out of here or not? They're going to notice sooner or later that these troopers are unconscious and realize an escape happened. Either you can be untraceable or be figured out immediately and not have any advantage," she said, earning a chuckle from Obi-Wan who sent them a look.

"How did she know?" Eval asked as they begrudgingly slid into the speeder before grunting when she took off. Obi-Wan, having gotten a warning, had a tight grip on the door, seat belt already clipped and forcing a grin on his face even as he wished she went slower.

"I told her I'd most likely be thrown in jail after killing that Jedi Knight on Ryloth. She promised to come in a few days since that would be when I make my escape," Obi-Wan explained, feigning a relaxed posture once Ikoe slowed down finally once they were a decent distance away from the prison.

"You don't have a daughter, Hardeen," Bane accused and Ikoe scoffed.

"Before he didn't. He rescued me and adopted me. He's my buir now," she said and the two shared a look.

"When?" Eval asked this time.

"A week before I killed the Jedi. However, I've been keeping quiet for her sake," Obi-Wan replied.

"Show your face," Bane demanded and Ikoe scoffed.

"Once I'm not driving," Ikoe retorted, keeping her gaze in front of her.

"She wears the helmet for her protection. If you think of hurting her when she shows her face, you'll regret it," Obi-Wan hissed out, leaning into the known protective rage Mando'ade had for their ad.