An Easy Mission

Ok, so, I do hope you liked the last chap. Yeah, I know you were prolly expecting longer. But I just, I couldn't. Anyways, just so you know, as I said in the other fic update, I'll be starting a part-time job soon. So, yeah, updates will prolly be affected by that. Anyways, here's the next chap!

Ikoe watched curiously as R2 beeped and chirped at the B1 droids. A hand dropped on her shoulder and she glanced over at Obi-Wan who was looking particularly tired after giving the mission report. "So what are we going to do about them?" she asked softly and heard the answering humm from Obi-Wan as he thought about it.

"I suppose we could keep them. They could prove useful," he finally answered and Ikoe snorted.

"You say that like you expect it," she pointed out and Obi-Wan shrugged.

"After this time, might as well expect it," he replied and she nodded at that.

"Fair enough. What happened with the hyperlane routes?"

"That is still being debated. Thankfully, we are not needed for that," Obi-Wan said and Ikoe huffed at that, earning a tired smile from the man.

"You look like you could sleep for the entire day, Master."

"The mission did prove quite tiring. I will go rest soon, worry not," he said and Ikoe rolled her eyes.

"Of course. Well, I imagine Blue is initiating a cuddle pile for Hevy and Fives to keep them from driving Helix and Jay insane. I'll be joining them. You can join later as well," she said and Obi-Wan chuckled.

"Sounds lovely," he answered and Ikoe glanced over at him.

"I'm sure Cody will be there as well," she teased before heading off and snorting softly as she heard Obi-Wan make a sound of protest.

Reaching into the Force, she felt for the familiar presence of Blue and the others and made her way through the ship. She greeted several men who were on duty and answered their questions before continuing on. Soon enough, she reached the rec room they had converted and smiled as she watched Blue comfort Fives with another clone named Lock at his back. Hevy was already knocked out between several vod: Count, Book, and Charlie if she recalled correctly.

"Ikoe," Blue greeted and held out an arm.

"Blue," she greeted back as she made her way to his side and curled up into him, grasping one of Fives' hand in comfort as Blue wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "How're you feeling, Fives?" she asked softly and Fives shrugged.

"Scared," he whispered out, not looking them in the eyes.

"It's perfectly alright to be scared, Fives. But don't worry, Helix and Jay will keep him comfortable," she whispered and Fives nodded slowly at that.

"Like what they did with Hevy," he whispered.

"Exactly like with Hevy. Echo will be fine, he'll just have two metal legs," Blue said and Fives had a small smile at that.

"Thanks," he whispered, earning squeezes from both Blue and Ikoe.

"No problem," Ikoe whispered, wrapping her arm around Fives while he did the same. Blue held them both close and Ikoe felt herself drift off next to Fives.

XXXXXX

Over the next week, it was tough for Fives and Hevy. The Jedi healers were kind enough to let the two visit Echo often while he healed all the way. During that time, Anakin and Ikoe put their heads together and designed the legs for Echo so that way he'd be the most comfortable. Like with Hevy, Echo asked for a compartment in his legs to hide gear in.

Echo was out of it for the most part whenever the two visited. When they were finally ordered to leave, Hevy promised to keep Fives updated about Echo's condition as he stayed to help but also to have some maintenance done for his legs.

It was a simple mission, escort Senator Mika Vang and her handmaiden to Lothal. Picking up the Senator, they were greeted by Fox and a few of his men who nodded greeting to Fives and the others beside her. "Senator Vang, we will be your escort to Lothal," Ikoe said bowing her head and the Senator and her handmaiden smiled and curtseyed.

"Thank you. I'm sure with you around, we'll be safe," Senator Vang said with a smile.

"We'll do our best to make sure that you're safe while visiting your home," Ikoe assured and moved aside to let her through with Commander Fox and the two men he's bringing as personal escorts.

Once everyone was set, Ikoe nodded at Oddball. Oddball shared a look with his co-pilot and they hummed to life as they turned the ship on. Soon enough, they were on their way flying into the appropriate hyperlane.

Once the sight before them was a mirage of blues, Ikoe stood up and made her way toward the back where the Senator was relaxing. There she saw the Senator and her handmaiden telling the Coruscant Guard and the 212th men what Lothal was like. "Ah, Padawan Kryze," Senator Vang greeted.

"Senator. We've just jumped to hyperspace. We'll reach Lothal in about 10 hours," she reported and the Senator smiled.

"Wonderful. Is there somewhere I can rest? This journey will be quite tiring for me," she said and Ikoe nodded.

"Of course, I'll show you to your room," Ikoe said and Senator Vang smiled as she stood up and followed after Ikoe with her handmaiden.

After showing the Senator to her room, Ikoe spent the flight with the clones but soon fell asleep slumped up against Fox.

The flight to Lothal was blessedly calm for everyone. They soon landed near the Senator's home as the sun set and watched as her family exited and smiled happily. The senator hugged her family tight before stepping back and letting her family hug her handmaiden in greeting as well. They were soon all moving inside and Ikoe looked around the home. "Commander, go inside with the Senator. We'll do a perimeter check and make sure the area is secure," Ikoe said and Fox nodded in agreement.

"Of course," Fox agreed and pointed forward. As Fox and his men went into the home, Blue started barking orders to the surrounding men. Together, they secured the perimeter and stood guard. After a little while, the Senator left the house with Fox and her handmaiden.

"It's time I go meet with the Governor," Senator Vang said and Ikoe nodded.

"Of course, we'll escort you there," Ikoe assured and they got into the speeder.

The visit with the Governor was quick and they were due to go back the next day to take with the Governor and the Chairmen. It was a simple meeting to get an update about everything happening on Lothal and what else they would want her to focus on. After that meeting, they spent the next few days of the visit was spent with the Senator spending time with her family and visiting old friends around Lothal before on the final day, she gave them a tour of the surrounding area with a smile.

Eventually, they were heading back to Coruscant. Arriving at the Senate Dome, Ikoe saw that Senator Amidala, Senator Chuchi, and Chancellor Palpatine were waiting to greet them. "It's good to see that your trip went well, Senator Vang," Chancellor Palpatine said with a smile.

"So am I, Chancellor. It's always lovely to visit one's home. The Governor was pleased to speak in person about some issues they wanted me to review. I have plenty to do now that I'm back," Senator Vang replied pleasantly and the group nodded.

"Of course. We shouldn't keep you," Chancellor Palpatine said with a nod and stepped aside, letting the two senators stand beside Senator Vang as they walked into the Senate Dome with Fox and his men behind them. "Thank you for keeping Senator Vang safe, Padawan Kryze," Chancellor Palpatine said and Ikoe nodded.

"You're welcome, Chancellor," she said with a bow of her head and turned to leave, her shoulders tense.

"Are you ok?" Blue asked softly as they got into a speeder that was waiting to take them to the Temple.

"Yes, I will be," she assured. "I'm sure Fives is excited to get back to Echo's side though," she pointed out and Blue nodded in agreement.

Ok here's the next chap. Sorry, it's short but I was just sorta struggling. Sorry. Hopefully, the next chap will be longer but we'll see. Until next time! ~Love Willa<3<3<3