You die on a case

Aaron Hotchner:

"Don't die on me right now, (Y/N)! Please, keep your eyes open. The medics are on their way", Aaron presses his bare hands on your wound to stop the bleeding. You can feel how the live is running out of your body. The bullet of the unsub hit you directly in the chest so you are sure you're dying right now.

"We lose her! Where are the god damn medics?", Hotch asks Derek, who does his best to keep you awake with patting your cheeks softly. "I don't know!", the agent is almost as desperate as his chief. "Aaron", you grab his arm weakly to get his attention.

It sounds depressing and cheesy as hell, but you want to say a few lovely words for farewell. "Shh, save your energy, baby doll", Morgan gives you his best smile. It can't cover up the sadness in his eyes. "You did your best, boys. It's not your fault", your words are almost not audible.

With that you close your eyes forever and the pain is over finally. "No! No! (Y/N)! Come on!", Aaron gets dragged away from the medics so they can do their job. The bad thing is that they are way too late. A single tear escapes his eyes as the medics shake their head. Morgan puts his hand on shoulder, but he just shrugs it off without a word.

He failed to keep you safe. The blood on his hands reminds him how miserable he failed. Suddenly Aaron's knees give in and falls to the ground. The agent couldn't hold back the rest of his tears anymore. They are falling like a waterfall. How could he lose you? Why couldn't he protect you? It was his god damn job to have an eye on the unsub, but got distracted just for a second. Now he has to live with the guilt.

Derek Morgan:

"She's strong. (Y/N) will be alright", Spencer mumbles those words over and over again. His friend Derek doesn't even listen to him. Like a wild animal in a cage he paces up and down in the hallway of the hospital waiting room. The unsub surprised you and Derek in the dark house. Before the agent could react two bullets hit you in the back.

Now you are fighting for you life. "I'm sure she will make it", Spencer snaps his friend out of his dark thoughts full of blame. For a brief moment Derek wants to reply something rude, but he stops himself in time. It's not the genius fault that you are on the edge of death. It was Derek's job to give you cover.

Someone clears his throat to gets everyone's attention. All eyes are on the doctor right now, who just shakes his head to answer the unspoken question. "I'm really - and I mean really - sorry, but she lost too much blood and...", the man starts to explain, but Derek isn't interested in his words. A wave of various feelings washes over the agent. The strongest one is definitely anger.

Derek is mad at you, at himself, at the doctor, to be exactly at the whole world. Without a further word he hits his fist against the next wall he sees, while a few tears escape his eyes. His world crashed into thousand tiny pieces like a broken mirror. Derek lost the most important person in his life - you.

"Hey, come on. She wouldn't want this", JJ puts her hand on his shoulder to comfort him. The agent turns around to look at her, "(Y/N) is dead." He almost chocked on this three short words, but they are the most terrible ones he had ever said in his life.

Spencer Reid:

"Everything is going to be alright", were you words as you trade yourself for the hostage. You knew exactly it's dangerous, but that's what you assigned for. It's your job to save innocent people even if it puts your life in danger. Spencer knew it too that you would give everything you have for someone else.

But it hurts so much to see you suffering in his arms. The medics are working on the wound in your stomach. It seems they can't stop the bleeding. "What's wrong, Spence? Don't you have some stats or facts for me?", you give him your best smile in this situation.