11. Dinner Shocks

Hello! I'm baaaack! Sorry tagal. Nakakainis. Akala ko makukuha na namin yung Wifi-stick, apparently not.

My video assignments are all a mess. Shooting is in my nerves and that goddamn f*ckn irritating teacher just basically called us stupid for our defense. and then there's the whole event thingy that has me on my nerves. Everything got me sick and my mind isnt functioning.

God, I hate my life.

Sorry for venting out on you guys, but here I am! Ready to release a new chapter! YAY! Here it is! I hope you guys like it.

----

*NINAY* 

I watched as my older cousin prounces about sa kwarto naming dalawa, trying to find anything she was to wear on what she described was a ‘miserable-should-be-normal dinner’.

We were told to wear something a little bit semi-formal for dinner, which to them meant, dresses and polo shirts and stuff. Though wala namang problema dapat dun kasi ganoon naman kami lagi, though someone seemed a little shorthanded.

“Sino ba kasing nagsabing mag dress kapag kakain ng dinner? Why haven’t I heard it here before. I’ve been in shorts and pants sa dinner here before, now you’re telling me I suddenly have to wear a freaking dress?!” she says, scanning her wardrobe that I organized. “At ano bang meron? Don’t tell me the president is coming over this time.” She says, throwing off yung isang nakahanger na jacket na galing sa closet niya.

I sighed. I organized that by color and length.

“Onee-sama. Please calm down?” Sabi ko sa kanya. “Bat ka ba kasi natetense?”

She looks at me, sheepishly if I may add, like she was contemplating if she should tell me something. Though it only lasted for about ten seconds before her features turned into the scowling one again.

“FYI, I am so not tensed.” Sabi niya sa akin, going back to the closet again. “I am simply pissed off.”

“At what?”

“At stuff! Ano to? Formal na formal?”

“Semi-formal.” I corrected her and I receive another glare.

Bumalik siya sa pagkakalkal ng mga damit niya, muttering about some things about being too over the top and what not, habang naghahanap siya ng kung ano mang hinahanap niya.

I wanted to stop her right there at sabihing wala siyang masyadong mahahanap sa mga damit niya kasi ako mismo ang nagayos sa mga damit niya dun and that the clothes she brought were all too casual. Then again, I don’t want her turning all her anger on me.

“You know the dinner can be casual-formal.”

“Does volleyball shorts count as casual-formal?”

“Not a chance.” Sabi ko. “Seriously. Breathe in, breathe out. You’re not trying to impress somebody.”

“Yes. But I have to comply to rules  remember?”

“And since when did you care about them?”

“Is Nina Alcantara actually trying to get me to disregard the rules?”

I had to admit, hinding hindi ko matatalo si Ate Thea sa pilosopong usapan.

“Why are you so worked up about this matter anyways? ” I ask. “Panicking for a dinner? What’s the matter?”