18. Day Out...

Hello! Hindi ko masyadong napansin yung araw. Andami na po palang nag aadd ng story ko! Thank you po! :) Please bear with my update scheds, sobrang daming ginagawa e.

Arigato Gozaimashita pala to my friend Dettechan! :)) I know you're reading this! :) This one's for you!

*THEA*

Waking up after letting go of something that burdened you for nearly a decade was something to actually look forward to. It would make you feel lighter, chipper and actually happier.

That was until you realize that you have some extreme explaining to do to the ones who had seen you break down on that thing.

I woke up Monday morning feeling that.

Nakangiti ako habang tinamaan ng sinag ng araw yung mukha ko, and I hugged the pillow more. It was the magic of childhood for me, yung matutulog ka sa couch tapos sa higaan ka gigising? Last night, the last time I remembered was Kuya Kenneth taking me in his arms from Jake and then that's it.

My frown appeared nung nakita ko yung empty bed ni Ninay and I realized they'd be asking questions I should be giving answers to.

Ah life.

Nonetheless, I still stretch and get up. Of course, wala ang mga tao ngayon. I'd have to do the damage control later on. I'll be doing that later on dinner or while everyone is present. Maybe I'll be calling a house meeting.

I'll come to that bridge later on.

I got up and stretched. Kinuha ko yung robe saka naman dumeretso sa shower. All the while thinking about last night at that forest.

"Will you be able to put up with me... if we go back at step one?"

He looks at me and then brushes his hand on my cheek. "If that's what would prove to you na totoo yung mga sinabi ko..." sabi niya. "Then I'd be happy to start all over as if you don't know my name."

I had to smile at that.

Though I think I had the bit of an irony on him there.

*NINAY*

"Everything is set, done for and prepared for." Sabi ni Tita Angie. "I'm impressed. Even Katie had to rally these preparations for until the last hour."

I give the woman a slight smile. "All we have to wait for is the RSVP list. Isinet ko po kasi na until Tuesday night yun para may time pa yung mga guests na mag cancel if they can't make it. But I'm prepared for roughly 170 guests, more or less."

Tita Valerie smiles at me while she leans comfortably sa may balcony sofa. We were once again having a meeting, though it was Monday morning, hindi ako pumasok. I wasn't feeling that well and that I'd skip classes.

Sila Ate Katie noon wouldn't go to school for a week because they would be planning this thing, so I think a day out of school wasn't that much of an abuse. And besides, I wasn't the only one skipping.

"Ahh, what happened to that cotillion number now?" sabi ni Tita Angie while she flips through a magazine. "I'm curious to that." Sabi niya.

"Well, I arranged for a few dancers to actually do the thing, but I wanted a little twist so they had something prepared." I tell them.

"And you talked to them already?"

"I didn't actually." Sabi ko and then smiled. "He did."