17. Letting go

YAY! Favorite number is here! XD Sobrang thankful ako sa mga reviews ninyo. As in sobra. 

I was in a spaz nung narealize kong 17 na pala! XD HAHAHA., Okay, enough with the 17 thing. I may be creeping someone out there. 

Anyways, have you checked Ms. Author erindizon. Yeah, she's one of my favorites and I've spent lots of times viewing her oneshots. So worth it. Anyways, check her out and btw, she's the one who I'm dedicating this chapter to! Sana basahin niya and I wish she'd like it. 

Yosh!, here's 17.

----

*JAKE*

She was at the mini garden nung makarating ako. I hear her talking and I knew she was on the phone once more.

“Oh? Anong sabi ni Mamifaye?” she says, tone a little chipper than what I heard her use noong unang narinig ko siyang kausap yung iba sa phone.  She chuckles. “Hindi ko kasi sinabi sa kanya kung anong status ng ginagawa namin e. Ang alam niya, yung third issue na ang inaatupag namin.” Sabi niya.

She was slowly walking around the garden, running an outstretched hand sa mga bulaklak while the other had her phone on her left ear. Her blue mid-thigh shorts getting caught sa mga ibang dahon, but she brushes it away.

I stare at her, seeing her actually happy and smiling like that…

It made me smile too.

“Well, I’ll just call her next Monday. Pakitulungan nalang siya sa pagdala nun ha?” she says, facing the pathway that led through the dark orchard. “Salamat. Bye.” Sabi niya saka baba ng phone.

She stays still, looking at the dark array of trees. She sighs then wraps her arms around herself. That’s when I decide to join her. Nilapitan ko siya. Medyo malayo pa ako ng dalawang metro sa kanya nung bigla nalang siyang lumingon.

She instantly glared.

“Anong ginagawa mo dito.”

Lumapit pa ako ng kaunti. Nagisip muna ako ng sandali kung itutuloy ko ba yung gagawin ko pero hindi ko na hinayaan yung sarili kong umatras.

“Thea…”

“Andy.” Sabi niya sa akin. “You’re not allowed to call me Thea, hindi ba?”

“Edi Andy.” Sabi ko sa kanya and she looks away.

“Anong kailangan mo?” tanong niya sa akin.

“Kasi…”

“Ano?” she asks, obviously irritated. “I don’t have time for nonsense, Jake.” Sabi niya.

“Kasi nga—“

Sasabihin ko na sana e, but she interrupts me once again. This time with a statement.

“You’re annoying.” Sabi niya sa akin.

Napatigil ako and an image of a little girl crying made me wince in pain for a second. Thea continues to glare at me, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Hindi ko alam kung hindi mo lang talaga naiintindihan lahat ng ipinapakita ko sayo. Haven’t I made it clear enough?” tanong niya sa akin. “Have I been too subtle? I don’t really like you here.”

Straight-forward. Just the way she’s always been. I fought the urge to cringe.

“I know.” Sabi ko.