76. Sophie

Nakakapagod din po palang matalo no? The judges thought our campaign was a bust. Haay.

Dedicated po to her. I loved her stories. Check them out! His Bed Warmer Wife, Bewitching Blue, Cupid's Bedmate and No Strings Attached! Warning, medyo SPG, but you'll learn things. I admire her for being strong kahit nawalan siya. Kudos, Ate. This one's for you. 

---

Huminto kaming dalawa ni Thea sa tapat ng isang pintuan before she looks back at me. I nod at her, making her give me a small smile before she knocks and opens the door.

“Sophie…”

Dahan dahan niyang inopen yung door and I was greeted with a dark room.

Kung tutuusin pink dapat siya, Sophie’s favorite color, along with the same hue of curtains, bedsheets and even the carpeting and furniture. Naaalala ko nga si Thea noon, she said she couldn’t stand being in Sophie’s room in for long. For her it was just too pink, mababaliw daw siya.

But that was Thea. Andy though was a different matter.

“Sophie?”
“What are you doing here?”
tanong ng isang masungit na maliit na boses. “Ayaw kita dito!”

“Sophia…”

“GET OUT! I don’t want you here!”

Tinignan ako ni Thea, a sad smile on her voice.

“She doesn’t even want to see me. “

“I’ll see what I can do.” Sabi ko.
“Thank you, Jacob.” She says, touching my arm, giving me another small smile.

I wanted to take her hand in mine, just feel her fingers through my own, but I control myself. I remind myself that she wanted to forget being Thea, kaya hindi na niya ako maaalala. I give her a nod, and she goes out the door, iniwan ako sa medyo madilim na kwarto ni Sophie.

I couldn’t see much. Ang nagbibigay nalang ng liwanag was a pink lampshade that was near the empty bed. Wala siya sa paligid and I don’t know where she is.

“Sophie?” tanong ko.

“LEAVE ME ALONE!” she all but shouts, and I hear it behind the bed.

“Sophie, baby.”

I hear little sobs, sobrang lungkot na hindi ko mapigilan na madama yung emosyon behind it. I walked around, coming near where I hear the sounds. And I finally see her little frame.

Nag flash sa utak ko ang maliliit na memories ng isang maliit na Andreang umiiyak.

Nakasandal siya sa may gilid ng bed, head buried on her little arms with knees propped up. I could feel the sadness on her little gasps of air. Ang lungkot niyang tignan na kumirot ng kaunti ang puso ko. I almost forgot about her. Nakafocus ako kay Thea na hindi ko siya naisip.

“Sophie, baby.”

“Leave *huk* me al*huk* alone. I want my Ate Thea and my *huk* Kuya Jake.”