47. Au Revoir

*JAKE*

"Oh. My. God."

Napaigtad si Thea sa tabi ko and something flew and I heard a little scream and a thud. 

"Kate!"

Napabangon ako to see Thea tensed up while she sat on the sheets eyes aware, pokerfaced and looking at something by the direction of the door. Siinundan ko yung tingin niya to see a shocked Ate Katie pinned on the far wall by Kuya Rob.

Her eyes were wide on shock habang nakakapit siya ni Kuya Rob, who looked at us in shock as well. At first I thought it was something else, but I saw the army knife embedded sa may wooden na doorframe just a few inches off sa dalawa.

"I'm sorry. Reflex." Thea speaks out loud. "You startled me."

Hindi nakapagsalita yung dalawa. Hindi sila gumagalaw. Nakatingin lang sa amin. Tumayo si Thea mula sa higaan namin, not caring if she was just in my shirt and her underwear, crossed the room papunta sa direksyon nila.

Akala ko kung anong gagawin niya pero dumeretso siya dun sa kutsilyo saka hinila yun mula sa doorframe. She inspected the blade for a minute before she folds it into two.

Bumalik siya sa higaan namin saka naman initsa sa may bedside table yung kutsilyo before she goes back on the bed, pulling me down again and draping her arm around me.

"Thea?"
"I want to go back to sleep." She says, softly and then she closes her eyes.  

Nakarecover sila Kuya Rob and I saw him cup Ate Katie's cheek, 

"Okay ka lang, mahal ko?"
Napatango si Ate Katie. "I'm fine. Thank you, Rob."
"Muntik na yun."
"Kasalanan natin, mahal ko. Gab warned me never to startle bunso." Ate Katie says, holding Kuya’s hand in her cheek. "Let's just be thankful she didn't hit any of us."

Napatingin ako kay Thea na nakaakap sa akin, nakapatong yung isang kamay niya sa may dibdib ko.

"There's this thing called knocking." Thea says suddenly,n her eyes still closed. "It's been present since the 16th century. Ever heard of it?"

Binitawan ni Kuya Rob si Ate Katie, who pulls him papunta sa amin. Nakalimutan na niya yung army knife incident it seemed, dahil galit na yung tono niya kay Thea nung nagsalita siya. 

"What do you think you're doing?" She asks.
"Sleeping."
"Thank you, Captain Obvious."
"Welcome, Leiutenant Sarcasm." Thea says, burying herself sa dibdib ko.

Kuya Rob smiles at that. I had to stop myself from snickering. Hinila ko lang si Thea pataas so I can kiss her head. This causes Ate Katie to frown once more though.

"I know I had Kuya Kenneth spare you of the talk, but I didn't want you doing it agad!  You're still kids! Ano nalang ang sasabihin nila Tita??" Ate Katie starts saying. "Jacob, how could you!"

Nagprocess sandali yung mga sinabi ni Ate Katie, kaya naman biglang nag init yung mukha ko. Inakap ako ni Thea and I look down on her shaking her head on my chest, signaling me she’ll be the one to handle it. I sigh and she just snorts. 

She seemed to take fun of it though.

“Really.” Thea says. "Mighty fine coming from you."
"Bullshit." Ate Kate.

Umupo kami ni Thea, and she stretches out. I yawned, seeing the clock flash 8:32. Nag over sleep kami pareho dahil nag stay up kami ng hanggang 4:30.