1.0

[ Sage's POV ]

It had taken my mum four weeks of me turning her down for her to finally annoy me to the point of accepting the deal and I still wasn't happy. This morning I had packed my bags unhappily, shoving every piece of clothing into my bag and a few of my old riding polos' and a few jodphurs and breeches and packed a few snacks for the ride, but I was current now standing in new riding gear that we had recently bought after I agreed to go. I wore tan breeches along with black riding boots and a blue polo shirt and I looked decent. My strawberry blonde curls cascaded down my back in natural curls as I turned, grabbing my bags as I lugged them to the car with a frown. I opened the door gingerly before shoving in all of my bags before heading back to the house and going into the garage and rummaging around before finding my old tack. I ripped off the sheets and blew off the dust, looking down at my old saddle and saddle pad, then up to my hacklemore bridle which I used on Eden. The memory of her made me tear up slightly but I pushed the memories back and looked to the other bridle which was a black Arc Di Triomphe with a D-ring bit and a padded crown, which I dearly loved.

After reminiscing for awhile I grabbed my tack, including my hacklmore and took it to the car, putting it into the boot carefully. Once I had done that I jumped into the car with my impaitent mum, listening to her go over the rules. I nodded and laughed at her, tryignt o be as happy as possible before I ignored her for the next five hours of the drive, "Got it." I nod once she went over the rules for what felt the one-hundrenth time. I quickly fumbled with my ear phones, shoving them into my ears and blasting a playlist that included Twnety One Pilots, The Misfits, NOFX and a few Nightcor'd songs that I liked. I felt my eyes start to close, darkness taking over as I got sucked into the oblivion of darkness. For once I was at peace, no nightmares, no problems, just darkness.

[ after the five hour drive ]

I stepped out of the car as we pulled up on a cobblestone drive way that had a fountain in the middle of it, stretching my arms out as I started to feel the sensation of them coming back. I could feel eyes burn into my back and I could see people staring at me with curiosity; they obviously ddn't get many new people around here. I looked around as my stuff got put onto the cobblestone pathway with the help of my mother who I'd miss a lot. I sighed, looking around at my new home, it was tall and fancy. The stables which were to my right looked clean, the building was tall and looked long. I could see people walking around their horses which were obviously well-bred and spoiled to death and were also in peak condition. I was soon broken out of my daze as my mother enveloped me in a large and warm hug, tears staining her cheeks as we said goodbye. "I love and miss you already Mum." I smiled before she jumped into the car, driving off as I waved.

Before I could think I found myself sitting on the cobblestone on top of one of my suitcases, my head resting on my china s I looked around, chewing my lower lip out of habit.  I watched as two shadows appeared in front of me, making me look up only to be blinded by the sunlight for a minute. Once my eyes adjusted it became clear that it was a guy and a girl, the girl had blonde locks of hair and had slightly tanned skin whereas the boy had mouse brown hair and quite pale skin and wasn't too bad looking. They both seemed to look confused and I sighed, mentally face-desking myself as I looked around, "Ah-uh" they both seemed to look around awkwardly before the girl chuckled, patting the guy on the back, "Sorry, we're not used to new people coming here, but let us help you with that." 

I looked at the two before standing up, "Oh- thank you." I offered a small and sincere smile toward them. They seemed nice. "No problem." The guy said, flashing a bright toothy smile toward me before the two grabbed a bag each with a smile, I quickly grabbed my bag and tack, as they lead me to the reception where they put it on a luggage cart and I did the same. I turned to face them, raising a hand to run through my strawberry blonde locks, "Thank you for the help." a laugh slipped through my pink, soft and plump lips as I looked to the two. 

"No problem," They both said looking arund before the guy reached out a hand, "Haden." He said, hazel eyes taking in my appearance before giving a nod. The girl then reached out a hand too, "They call me Shea." She smiles and I shake both of their hands, "Sage Carter." I murmured before the lady at the desk called on me. I turned around to face her and smiled softy, before handing me some papers and pointing to the hallway. I watched as someone took my bags up to my room, wherever it was. I shuffled down the hallway, waving a goodbye and mouthing a thank you to the two I now knew as Haden and Shea. 

Once I got to the end of the hall I knocked on the door that said 'head instructor' and written underneath it in smaller letters was Emmaus Lee. Once I heard a 'come in' I shuffled in, smiling. "Hello Sage, welcome to Canterbury Crest and we hope you enjoy your stay." He looked up through his square glasses, before standing up and fixing his jacket. He looked older but not too old, only around twenty five if you asked me personally. 

[ after introduction ; at the stables ]

We were currently walking down an isle of the second stables, I was allowed to pick any horse on the left side btu none had perked my interest so far. I looked at the horses, going in and checking them out before leaving and locking the stall door, I walked past a white thoroughbred before I walked back, he had a wild look in his eyes and once he saw me staring he threw his head up which made me smirk. He reared up in his stall before calming down when he saw me not moving an inch, just staring at him. His head tilted forward, neck arching as the stallion stood with such pride, staring into my eyes as if I were nothing. This horse had caught my interest. 

"This one." I say firmly, before Mr. Lee whipped his head around, shaking his head frantically, "No, not this one, he's too dangerous for you to ride." The words that he had just said put him in a worse position if he were tryign to convince me not to pick this horse. I quirked a brow, "Yes, this one." I say turning to glare at Mr. Lee, a certain fire in my eyes. This horse was something else, something special, misguided, misunderstood however you wanted to put it. But I could tell the stallion had spirit, and good spirit should never go to waste.

After a bit of blunt responses and sarcasm I had finally won the battle, this horse who I now knew as Caitation Prince aka Cai, was mine to ride for this year. I went into his stall, and he stared at me with harsh eyes, not moving as I stepped into the stall. This was a competition and I wasn't losing. I stood there, staring at Cai until he finally gave in, snorting in defeat as he threw his head back turning around and stuffing his muzzle into the hay. I gave a boyish grin before walking to his side as Mr. Lee stood with a still worried but somewhat shocked expression on hsi face at the fact I would want to ride this horse. The one that had a look in his eye that culd be misread as 'I want to kill you, so don't come near me' unless you thought like that horse, and Cai just liked someone who could challenge him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you owe me a chapter, Shea. ;)

But hope you like it, comment, like, share do whatever with this except steal it lmao.

- Kat xxx