5.0

[ Sage's POV ]

It had been a few days since the accident, and I was more upset about the fact that Cai had sprained his front ankle and hurt himself than the fact that I was concussed for nearly two whole days. I had explained to my mum that it was just a freak accident and that I didn't know he had a fear of water and that I was completely fine, then she let it slide eventually.

Shea was currently on a date with her boyfriend, who I was yet to meet. But he was a jock at one of the near by highschools, he either played lacrosse or soccer, I couldn't really remember. All I know is that he is 'fucking hot' according to Shea. As for Haden, he had told me about him being gay awhile ago, but I did kind of suspect he was gay or bisexual; I mean, come on, whenever we were riding he'd always steal glances at some of the boys in our riding class or just around campus.

"Hey Sage, I'd like you to meet someone who wants to work with you," Mr. Lee says, walking up to me as a taller guy walks behind him. As they got closer I started to recognise the face, was that Eric Nickleson? I contained my excitement as I turned to the two fo them.

"Hello, Sage Carter, correct?" Eric says and I nod, extending out a hand, "That is me, it's Eric Nickleson, right?" He nods, a smile spreading across his face. Why did he want me?

"I've got an ex-olympic show jumping horse in my trailer, I would've called but I had no way to contact you privately," He says, glancing at Mr. Lee, who began to walk off, leaving us to converse, "I was wondering if you could work with him a bit as I've seen your potential as a rider, and I've saw a video of you when you were younger you seem to be able to calm horses really well, like a talent." Oh my, I know exactly which video he was talking about, three years ago when I was younger there was an accident at a show, a horse freaked out and got tangled in barb fencing after it jumped and ran to a nearby farm. I chased it down and calmed it so they could cut the wire, but I never made a big deal of it.

Say no, you can't help Sage. Just do it, "I'd love too." I say, mentally slapping myself, I didn't bother to mention the accident as it wasn't a big deal and I was completely fine. 

"Well, lets go meet the horse you'll be helping out with." Eric says, clapping his hands together before we both started to walk down to the trailer.

"Soo, what's his name?" I ask, looking around as I pull ym gloves from my jodphurs and slip them on, squinting slightly from the bright sun. Eric opened the trailer door, "Meet Supreme Luxuary, but around the stables we just call her Lux." He says, patting the palomino's rear as the horse started to back out. I was quick to grab onto the lead rope, taking in her appearance.

Wow, she was gorgeous, "I'm going to guess that she's a Warmblood?" I ask, knwoing that a lot of people use warmbloods for eventing, show jumping specifically. Eric nods, running a hand over her body to check her over, "You can give her a ride over a few jumps." He says, "But she doesn't like other horses, just giving fair warning." He says and I nod, "I'll go tack her up if you wanna bring her tack down?" 

I click my tongue against the roof of my mouth, leading Lux trhough the stable, her shoes making a clippity-clop sound as she walks. After I got her tied up and brushed down I lookd over her tack, admiring it. This tack was top notch quality, and I could tell it was very expensive. As I looked at her bridle I scrunched up my face in confusion, a hacklemore? "You don't use a bit with her?" I ask, she msut be a really well behaved horse in the arena, "No, she's never needed or liked it." He shrugs, before signalling for me to tack up.

I smile toward him and he smiles back, making me laugh a little. "Okay Lux, lets get you tacked up and into the arena."

[A/N : Eric is only seventeen, same age as Sage lmao just saying] [in the arena]

Eric and a few of his friends were standing at the edge of the arena closely, whispering to each other at times. I found myself getting more self concious by the minute. I inhaled a deep breath, patting Lux's side, "Come on girl, you'll do fine." I say, most of the jumps were 0.5m to a 1m so it wasn't too bad.

I softened my hands, adjusting my posture and getting comfortable in the saddle before I kicked Lux's sides lightly as she quickly picked up into a canter as quick as she could. I kept my hands low, heels digged down, back straight and I made sure to look between the mare's ears. I counted her strides in my head as we came up to the first jump, a simple vertical jump that stood around 0.6m in height. I went into two point position, taking off slightly too early but still making it over. Lux was a really good jumper, wow. I headed for the next jump which was an oxer, then followed by a hogsback, cross bar and a wall before I changed to a left lead canter, coming up to the next few jumps we did perfectly, now all that was left were a few bouncers which wer easily cleared.

Once we finsihed the course I leaned down to pat Lux's side, she hadn't even broken a sweat. I heard applause from the other side of the arena and I squeezed Lux's sides, walking over then halting in front of the crowd of around seven or eight people. I took a sarcastic bow before looking up to the crowd and taking them all in. Jesus fucking christ they were all really good looking too.

"I don't see why you'd want me to work with your horse Eric, she jumps like a gem." I said confused, and he raises a brow, "Well, I was thinking about giving her to you actually seeing as you rode her so well and I know you cared for your horse that you owned before she passed as I can't keep her anymore and our stables full."

"And none of us can take her because we've got other horses to focus on." One of the ones in the back says quietly and I begin to chew my lower lip, thinking. But what about Cai? That stallion is the only reason why I got back in the saddle, and it wasn't to get back on, then get thrown off and give up on him, but until I could get him to let me ride him without any hassle It'd be good to get back into shows and have a horse that cooperates.

"I'll take her on until I can ride Caitation and then I'll decide whether I fully keep her or not." I say, it'd be an honor to have an already fully broken in horse that wasn't so stubborn but there was no fire, no challenge with Lux; something that I was always wanted in a horse. Lux was a gorgeous jumper but she has no spirit, no self being, she's a broken horse, she's given up on having spirit and having a fight in her.

"Great!" He says, "Jhase over here will tell Mr. Lee that you're keeping her, meanwhile would you like to show me around on a trail ride?" He asks as I dismount, slipping the reins over Lux's head as I begin to lead her out of the arena, "Sure, I'm sure that my friend will let you borrow her horse for riding." I say, reaching for my phone before he cuts me off, "No, that won't be nessecary I've got a second hrose here as I'm going to be training here for a semester to try and have a bond with my horse and yeah," He shrugs.

I raise a brow, well then. Guess I'd be seeing a lot of him around and I could not fucking wait. I pull out my phone, texting Shea.

Sage ; guess who is working with me

Shea ; who?

Sage ; the olympian eric nickleson, and he gave me one of his ex-olympic horses to work with wtf

Shea ; WHAT HOW YOURE SO LUCKY AND HES SO HOT 10/10

Sage ; Hahahahahahahahahhah you should see the horse though, its a palo warmblood!!!

Shea ; WHAT THEYRE SO PRETTY I WANT 2 SEE

I could feel a gaze on me as Eric walked out with a gorgeous bay hrose who was slightly taller than Lux by an inch or two and I quickly texted Shea before mounting back up.

Sage ; sorry g2g going on trail bai baee

"You ready?" I ask and He mounts up, "Yeah I can't wait." He says, a smirk forming on his face; and with that we started on our trail ride.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

shea_random <-- go check out her book bc its better than mine ily.

please like, comment, share ;0

- Kat xxx