14.0

[ u n e d i t e d ]

[ once again, you must at least vote if you want me to keep writing, comments with opinions are appreciated too ;) ]

After the events of yesterday I had told Shea everything, though she didn't approve of Jax she seemed happy to see me not stop smiling and being so happy.

This morning I had seen Jax and Shane, Shane didn't seem to phased and gave me a hug telling me not to hurt his best friend. Pfft, me hurt him? Haden was surprised when I went over to Jax, leaning up to give him a peck on the lips. I forgot I hadn't told him about Jax and I.

Us three were currently sorting out the feed and cleaning up the tack room, I needed to remember to thank Mr. Lee for putting us all on the same work schedule - partially as I worked with Jax and a few other people.

"Has anyone seen May?" Someone asks from the door and I look over as I pour the horse's food pellets into the large tub to see it was Jhasen Ackles, one of the junior varsity riders. I shake my head, "No sorry, I've not seen her around the past few days." I say with a sad smile, and Haden and Shea somewhat do the same. 

I watched him walk away, "Oh..." he looks to the ground, "Thanks anyways."

Once he was gone I turn to Shea, "The poor soul," I frown, "I think he may have a lil' crush though." I add, a smirk tugging at the corners of my lips.

"A little?" Haden laughs aloud and Shea chuckles.

I quickly finish up by sweeping the floor before I look at the clock to see we had been cleaning the tack room for an hour and a half. We really needed to stop mucking around so much.

"Who's mucking out what stalls?" I ask, looking at the two of them. They both shrug and I sigh, "Eh, just do any as long as we get them all done." I say, "But we each do our own horses stalls." I point out s if it wasn't obvious. 

"Sounds good." Shea says, Haden nodding silently. 

We all head outside to grab a wheel barrow and a pitch fork to muck out the stalls. Everyone had put their horses out in the many pastures so we didn't need to worry about taking the horses out.

I started to muck out stall number two, Shea mucking out number three since that stall was General's and Haden was mucking out stall number one.

As I was mucking out my stall I heard the sound of a car rolling up out front. I raised my head, stopping what I was doing and I could see Shea and Haden were as confused as myself.

"Who could that be?" Shea questioned and I exited my the stall gingerly, "I don't know we aren't expecting any new students since the terms already started, right Haden?" I ask, looking over to him. He looks at the two of us, "Why the hell are you asking me, I don't know." He was rather blunt but I brushed it off. 

All three of us walked out in confusion looking at the fancy car and trailer that pulled up infront of the stables. I watched as two guys got out, they were very similar, excluding the fact the one had brown hair and the other her blonde hair that was obviously dyed - I guess it'd help me tell the difference between them. I figured they were twins since they were so similar.

"You must be the stable hand," one says, dropping his bags into my hands. I huff, taking the weight as he began to flirt with Shea, who did the exact same thing back. I groaned, turning to Haden for help, but he was over talking to the other. 

"I'm not a stable hand." I huff, dropping their bags, they didn't take notice. I decided to bring their horses to Mr. Lee who was in his office.

I went to the back of their trailer, opening up the door and walking in, undoing the knot and leading the first horse who was a bay thoroughbred gelding out of the trailer, scratching his neck softly, "Good boy." I say. 

Once getting him out and tying him to the pole with a slip knot I climbed in to get the other horse, who was a gorgeous blue roan mare, she looked like a mix between a warmblood and thoroughbred, but I couldn't quite tell. Once I had the two of them I looked around, holding their leads in my small hands.

"Shea?" 

"Haden?" 

Both of them ignored me, and I groaned. Shea was obviously flirting, her fingers playing with her blonde locks of hair as a toothy smile graced her lips.

Haden was just as bad, he was leaning against the car and the other twin was leaning over him, talking to him flirtatiously. I rolled my eyes, "Of course I get left to do all the work." I scomplain, leading the horses down the isle to the free stalls. I put them into the end stalls before heading to Mr. Lee.

I knock, entering as soon as I hear a muffled come in.

"There are two new students that just arrived?" I say, it came out as more of a question. Mr. Lee looked up at me, before getting out of his seat and leaving some paperwork.

"Wait here, we shouldn't be expecting any new students until next term." He says confused, leaving the room. While he was gone the urge to look at the paperwork grew stronger. I looked out the door, seeing no one around I quickly rushed, reading over the paperwork.

When realizing it was actually someone requesting to buy a horse I quickly read the letter/paperwork,

' Hello Canterbury Crest, I was hoping to purchase a horse that I've seen around when I came over for a trial.

I'd be willing to pay up to $3000 for this horse, but I'd like to request agistment here and to keep riding here also. I'd like to purchase Caitation as he seems like a very interesting horse and I'd love to work with him. 

Please sign the sale papers if you're willing to sell him. 

Sincerely, May Roseheath. '

I looked over the papers and the more I began to read I found myself tearing up. Mr Lee couldn't sell Cai. Not him. I was just starting to make real progress with him. I found myself stumbling backwards, tears flowing down my cheeks as my eyes locked to the paper. I slid down the wall, sobbing. I couldn't tear my eyes away from the words.

I heard someone walk into the room and I just looked up, my hands, my whole body shaking.

"Oh no! Sage What's wrong?" I watch as Jax comes over to me, bending down onto one knee as looking at me. I hand him the paper shakily, I watch as he reads over the paper and he looks up to me, "Oh come here." He says, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into his chest where I continued to sob.

"It's okay, everything will be fine, I promise." he says into my strawberry blonde locks, picking me up and taking me to a room.

"I'm gonna go find Shea, okay?" he says and I nod shakily, curling into a ball on Shea's bed. 

After several minutes of waiting Shea burst through the door, coming over to me and asking me if I was alright. Jax stood at the door, watching and not knowing what to do. 

"what wrong Sage?" she asks, placing a hand on my shoulder, "You know that girl may?" I manage to get out through a few hiccups. Shea nods, "She wants to buy Caitation and Mr. Lee signed the papers," after saying those words I break out into hysteric sobs.

I hear Shea get up, "Agh!" she yells, "I promise you that I won't let Cai get sold." she says before storming out the room. I go to get up and go after her before she does something stupid, as she could have quite the temperament - but Jax stops me by embracing me in a hug, "shh." 

He pulls back, holding the sides of my face with both hands, his thumbs caressing my cheek softly. He leaned down, placing a sweet and gentle kiss on my forehead, calming me down slightly. He could be sweet when he wanted to be, I just wished he showed this side of him more often.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next chapter will have some riding in it, but I needed to introduce the twins and add some more drama, yes or no to this chapter?

LIKE/VOTE/FAV

COMMENT

FOLLOW ME

SHARE THIS STORY AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS,

ILY,

- Kat xxx