3.0

[ A/N : Jax is the boy from the cafe in the previous chapter. ]

[ Sage's POV ] 

I watched as he placed my hot chocolate down in front of me, a smirk subtly being placed on his lips as he continued to nom at my cookie. I could feel my lower lip poke out into a pout at his actions, "Nooooo, not my cookie!" I exclaim, and he waves a finger in front of my face, "Tut tut young one." He says, chomping down the last of my white chocolate macadameia cookie. My breath hitched in my throat as I refrained from hurting him for daring to touch my cookie, let alone eat it. 

"So, what is your name?" A brow was quirked by the boy toward myself and I felt myself freeze at the question, "Oh- uh, Sage Carter." A smile seems to tug at the corners of my lips as he shook my now outstreched hand, "My names Ja-" Before he could tell me his name a ringing sound erupted from the coat that was lazily slung over my shoulders. What was his name? He never told me, oh well, I'd just use a code name like - Green eyes because he has green eyes. I sighed as I watched green eyes reach over, his hand slipping into the coat pocket as he pulled out the latest iphone six, "Sorry." He said before answering the call. 

Once he had came back I finished my hot chocolate and I slowly stood up, forgetting about asking for his name as I smiled awkwardly, looking to the clock as I ahnded him his coat, "Sorry, I've got to go and it's getting late." Green eyes nodded softly, "Good night, Sage." 

As I started to walk back to the dorm I was dragged into a dark corner, I panicked momentarily before realising Shea's face in front of mine, her blonde curls draping over her face slightly as she gave me a hard stare. Her hands were in fists, pressing me against the wall as she glared, "What're you doing with him!" She whisper yells at me in a hushed tone, fear within her eyes, "I- uh" She cut me off before I could continue, "That's Ashely's brother, you cannot like him." She speaks once again and I stare at her blank mindedly, she brings up one of her small hands to slap it across my face softly, "Oi Sage, do you hear me? Keep away from  him!" She narrows her eyes before dragging me off back to the dorms before I could say anything.

[ next day ; 6 pm ]

Shea, Haden and I had spent the whole day packing for an two night and three day hike that we were told about this morning. It'd go for three days and over those three days we'd work on team building, how to cook, do a bit of cross country and work with some of the farms. Some of the very posh an classy people from our group thought this was terrible, but Shea, Haden and I were so up for this. I finished tacking up Caitation and slipped a few snacks and water into the saddle bag. I had packed light unlike some other people, bringing only my black jodphurs and my tan breeches that I was currently wearing, plus my current blue polo top and a red one. "So everyone ready?" Mr. Lee says to everyone as he walked down the outside tie ups, "Yes!" Shea and I exclaim exictedly, Haden only shrugging.

"I'm so excited!" I say, looking over Cai's tall frame if even possible to see Shea. 

"Same!" 

"I'm eh." 

Damn it Haden. Always the mood killer.  I frown toward him before shaking me head and slipping my helmet and back pack on. "Pfft."

"Okay, mount up and go outside, there is a man from one of the farms you'll be helping out at t lead you to your camping spots, all tents, food and supplies will be provided." Mr. Lee says as he helps someone up onto their horse before walking off with a nod. "Well that was blunt." I chuckle, eyebrows raising toward Haden and Shea as I mount up. Cai snorted as I got comfortable in the saddle, shifting to the side slightly as he adjusted to my weight.

I softly squeezed his sides, pulling up next to someone but not paying much attention to whoever it was. "It's Jax by the way." My gaze soon shifted over to green eyes, a smile gracing my lips as my cheeks heated up. Jax. I liked it. "Well, nice to meet you offically Jax." I say, chuckling softly, "And you owe me a cookie by the way." I point out, pouting at the thought of him eating my precious cookie. We both halted in front of a person who was using western tack, dressed in your typical cowboy get up.