16.0

[ u n e d i t e d ]

After the events of yesterday I decided to have a day out with Cai. This morning I had found out that Mr. Lee had finally got around to finding out where Caitation used to race, which I was quite excited about as he had organised for Cai and I to visit the race track for 'bonding' time. 

I walked down the stable isle, a sigh escaping my lips as the wonderful smell of saddle soap and fresh hay hit my nostrils. My hands gently grasped onto the white metal framing of Caitation's stall, my fingers brushing over his name plate as I reached for his halter and lead.

"Hey bud," A smile stretches across my face as I unlatch the stall door, wandering in and shutting it behind me. I sub-conscientiously scratched his neck before slipping the halter of his had and doing up the latch, "We're gonna go visit the race track." 

I watch as his ears perk up at the word race track, he stands tall and proud as if he were a champion in the winners' circle. I chuckle at his actions and he just simply nickers. 

"Hey." an all too bubbly voice speaks up from outside Cai's stall, I look over to see a short girl with her brunette locks tied in two pig-tails on either side of her head, she had tan skin and a few freckles that could be spotted on her nose and cheeks.

"Hiya, did you need help with anything?" I ask, she looked to be a young rider, only around ten or eleven. She nods shyly and I chuckle, "What do you need help with?" I ask, leading Cai from his stall as she opens the gate for me. She shuts it over after Cai and I are out of the way, latching it shut quickly.

"My pony Buttercup won't let me put his bridle on." she frowns and I sigh, oh Buttercup. Buttercup was beginning to become a nuisance, first he throws someone, then yesterday he apparently bite two people and tried kicking someone and now today he won't let this poor girl put his bridle on.

"He keeps throwing his head up." she adds, a sad smile on her face. I signal for her to lead me to the pony and I follow, tying up Cai who happily begins to munch on some hay.

Once I spot Buttercup I look down at the pony who was just a little shorter than I, "Oh Buttercup, what are you doing?" I say, mentally face desking myself. Buttercup looked up from the hay that he was stuffing his face into, I stifled a laugh as best I could once I saw that his forelock had been ruffled messily and hay clung to his face and mane.

He whinnying and the girl behind me laughs. Once the fun was over I went over, easily slipping on Buttercup's bridle. I quickly did up his throat latch and made sure there was enough room to fit four fingers.

 "There you go." The girl smile sweetly before running over to me and giving me an unexpected hug. I awkwardly hug her back as she murmurs a thank you before grabbing Buttercup and walking off without another word. kids.

[]

Mr. Lee drove us to the race course which was actually only half hour away. Once we had got there I had quickly unloaded Cai with a few difficulties, before they took him and said that they'd get some racing gear for him. I was confused by this but Mr. Lee soon explained to me that they apparently still had his old race/training gear and it was also used on one of the foals that Cai had sired.

"Cai has a foal?" I question, Mr Lee nods his head, "Stall number six, go have a look." he shrugs. He was so nonchalant about this, how exactly? I did not know.

I quickly rush to stall number six to see a gorgeous black horse being taken from its stall. It's coat was gleaming and a rich black which was just stunning, I soon came to realize that the foal that Ca had sired was a mare. I took in the rest of the mares appearance, "Wow." was the only words I could muster to explain her beauty, her tall stature and lean but strong build just adding to her beauty.

The woman who was leading the mare from the stall turned to me, "Sorry, are you lost?" she questions me quite harshly and I stare at her, "uh - no, I'm actually riding Caitation," before I can continue speaking she cuts me off and I was beginning to realize people do that a lot to me, "Look, look, I don't care you're not needed here," she says and I cut her off, "If it weren't for Caitation your lovely mare wouldn't be here miss," I smile and she then comes to a realization, "Oh- sorry we usually get a lot fo wanders around here that try and make up excuses."

I quirk a brow, "Well okay then." I say before waving a good bye and leaving. On the way out I bump into a tall figure which makes me stumble back, falling flat on my buttox. 

"Oh! I'm so sorry miss, let me he-" I knew that voice, "Sage?" he questions and I jump up staring at him, "Wait, you work here?" He nods, "Oh wait until I tell Jax." A smirk tugs at my lips and a look of pure horror spreads across his face, "You wouldn't dare," Shane says. You see, Shane is the rich person in our group, Jax is the second, so if he knew that Shane was working he'd hold it against him for life. Rich people.

I laugh, "What're you doing he anyways?"

"I'm going to breeze Cai and have a little go on the race track." I shrug and Shane shrugs before his name is called down the isle. 

"Sorry gotta go!" he says, running off.

Whelp.

I walk back to the trailer where Mr. Lee last was, passing the fancy stalls and a few bales of hay as well as a few people retrieving their racehorses from their stalls. Once I reached the trailer I paused in my tracks, "Woah." I say looking at Cai in his gear.

"I know." Mr. Lee agrees, also stunned by Cai's appearance. He looked so professional, so proud and confident in himself. 

There was an older man holding onto cai, "Mount up." he says and I go over, getting a leg up from him. 

"I'm John, I'll supervise." he nods softly and I smile brightly toward him, "Lets gooooo!" I say excitedly, gripping the reins softly as I get lead to the race track where a few people were breezing their horses or testing times.

I got a few odd looks when we entered and John let go telling me to walk him for a bit so he can get back into the spirit. Although, he seemed pretty in the zone, its like he listened to every command and he seemed to respond to every movement I make. 

I walk him along the outside, having to hold Cai back.

"Take him around, keep steady, look between his ears only and keep balanced, he'll do most of the work just let him feel it." John says rather quickly and I nod, kicking his sides and going into a jockey position which I had learnt somehow. 

Cai picks up speed quickly, he liked to stick closer to the inside, but, he obviously didn't like being too close.

He seemed to be moving at a slow paced gallop, one that was steadily paced. Once he caught sight of another horse I felt him burst into a high speed gallop, almost throwing me off balance. Once I regain myself and we pass the other horse I pull him up, slowly him down before walking him back to John, a shocked expression etched across my face.

"That was fucking amazing." I couldn't help but swear as it was the only words I could use to possibly describe how free that made me feel. Cai had barely broken a sweat, but I could feel him breathing beneath me. 

"He's still got it," John says giving me a crooked smile as he goes to pat Cai, who flinches but soon allows him to scratch his nose.

[]

After a few hours of working with John we had finally packed up and left and I suddenly felt like Cai had a trust in me now that I've lived in his shoes of being n the track, what it feels like to move quickly and clear your mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sort of a filler chapter, sorry.

LIKE/FAV/VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE THIS BOOK

FOLLOW ME.

ILY,

- Kat xxx