Late night calling

The ringing of my phone shattered the silence in my house, violated my hearing and scared me half to death. I patted down the side and answered putting the phone against my ear.

'Hello' I answered barely audible.

'Hey sweetie open up.' A voice spoke on the end of the phone that brought my tiredness to a halt.

'Be right there.'

I hung up and rubbed my face. Pushing back the comforter I left my bedroom and headed down the stairs. I unlocked the front door and let him in.

"Sorry." He whispered, I gave a groan as a response and locked the door while he kicked off his shoes and hung up his coat. I walked back up to bed as he followed behind quietly.

My star fishing had come to an end, I rolled to the left side of the bed as he always preferred the right. I watched him pull off his top revealing a toned and perfectly sculpted body then dropped his jeans where he stood.

"Sorry sweetie." He whispered climbing into bed and settled down beside me.

I rolled into my left side with my back to him. I knew the routine so well as I lifted my head his arm went underneath and he shuffled his body over the bed until we were spooning. Snaking his arm over my body he held onto me as I put my hand over the top of his rubbing it gently.

"Ni-night." I whispered looking over my shoulder at him I had a kiss placed on my forehead.

"Night." He answered and closed his eyes. I got comfy again and fell back to sleep once I heard his breathing change letting me know he was asleep as well.

---------------------------

I woke up the next morning, on my back with him attached to me. He had resulted to sleeping on me, hugging me in fact. I picked up my phone and remained in bed, I wouldn't move until he woke. He needed his sleep. He needed as much as he could get with his line of work. Making sure my phone was on silent I went onto social networking accounts and the news. Checking what had changed over night and it seemed not a lot!

I heard him give a little groan almost a whimper, he was dreaming. Feeling his arms tighten and see his forehead crease from his eyebrows pulling I knew it wasn't a good dream either.

"Shh." I hushed him stroking his washed fluffy hair back. I continued until he settled again and fell back to a deeper sleep.

After 2 extra hours in bed asleep he woke up!

"Good morning." I whispered down to him, giving his head a massage to ease him into the morning.

"Hmm hey." He answered groggily.

I gave his bare back a rub "No rush today." I answered.

"Okay. You have a hot morning voice by the way."

"Thanks.. I think."

Normally I had a 101 things to do in the morning but today I had nothing. So I was enjoying the lay in!

"Want to talk about it?" I asked.

"Do you mind if we don't?"

"Not at all."

"Can I have back tickles?" He asked innocently. I smiled and began running my fingertips up and down his back slowly and carefully just tickling his skin. I heard him give a little short giggle and wiggle his back. I stopped and focused on his shoulder splaying my fingertips out slowly before gently brushing them on his skin.

"I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you to rely on." He spoke.

"Probably cause no end of trouble, have a very messy office and suffer so bad with sleep deprivation that you'd be in a sleeping coma for a week. But I'm just speculating here." I teased. He chuckled quietly and gave my body a little squeeze.

"Your house is so peaceful, you have such a relaxing aura about you, really positive energy and as soon as I get into this bed I pass out. Yet at home I'm tossing and turning all night." He spoke.

"That's because you need a little cuddle. Which is why you come knocking on my door, because I give the best cuddles."

"And back tickles." He finished.

"Absolutely."

We stayed in bed for another hour enjoying each others company and silence before we both decided to get up and make some breakfast.

"I'll cook. What would you like?" He asked opening the fridge.

"Oh I don't know. You cook and I'll eat it." I answered watching him from the dining table. In the blink of an eye I had bacon, eggs, pancakes cooked in the bacon grease (it's the only way!) and maple syrup in front of me.

I cut up a pancake and took a bite.

"Mm! Boy you know how to cook some mean ass pancakes." I answered.

"Eggs are good too!" He answered spooning some into his mouth.

We ate breakfast in light chitchat before I placed our empty plates into the dishwasher.

"Brit, I'm gonna head up for a shower do you mind?" He asked.

"Not at all. You got all your stuff yeah?" I asked not remembering if I even saw him enter with a bag early this morning.

"Yep." He smiled.

"Off you go then."

"I'll call you when I need my back scrubbed." He answered giving me a wink, I gave a giggle back which made him grin like the Cheshire Cat.

It was a joke but I'd scrub his back if he needed me to! I gave a sigh as he walked out the kitchen, displaying his tattoo across a hard worked muscular back of his that I was a major fan of! Then those dimples... Gaah!!

After our showers we settled on the couch having a snuggle. I loved this about him, he always pretended not to be a cuddly person but he so was. He loved nothing more than a cuddle and snuggle on the couch when we watched a documentary. If I didn't go to him, he would come to me!

He loved physical contact even if it was just me playing with his hands, taking off his rings, putting them on my fingers and massaging his hands. Or tracing the pronounced veins in the back of his hands. I'd do it and he loved it.

I watched the clock go around twice before I decided it was time to shift.

"Come on you let's get the day started."

"No..." He buried himself into my neck and rolled onto me pulling me to the couch.

"We got to. As much as I'd love to just hang out. We gotta go to work and get things prepared."

"Okay.." He mumbled.

"Okay? Let's go then." I answered rolling up and off him. In 15 minutes we were out the door and heading into work.

I hitched a ride with him instead of driving as well, it never made sense when he drove past my house each time anyway. Giving me a smile we set off.

He was the one and only demon hunter, one of Vegas' hottest bachelors, ( I presumed and that's why he was here again) and one of the hottest paranormal investigators ever, he was the one and only Zak Bagans.