Did you miss me?

--- 7 months on---

Hearing Asa cry I got out of bed and left the bedroom quietly. Zak was back on lockdowns and was away until Friday. A week away and he was not happy about it. He was in a foul mood and kept saying he won't get to bond with Asa enough.

Despite his smiling when Zak comes into the room and how he only babbles to him but mummy isn't allowed that exclusivity yet. Just daddy.

Ada took after me with nuzzling into his neck. But it's cuter when he did it. We had to share that little luxury when Zak was home, I had one side and Asa had the other. Poor Zak couldn't move for the first two hours of coming home not that he ever wanted to either.

Anything and everything was going in his mouth and it surprised me to see Gracie hiding her toys so she didn't have to share with Asa or Snowball! I still giggled about that.

Asa was starting to go through the night but he knew daddy was away and all he wanted to do was give me hell about it.

Daddy's little man already!

I walked in half asleep to see Zak  taking off his top, leaning in and picking him up.

"Now now Asa my boy, mummy needs her sleep, I'm here. We like skin to skin contact don't we? The nurse said its a stress reliever and makes you love me as much as mummy. Yeah. Shh.." He soothed him walking over to the nursing chair I spotted a bottle ready.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." Zak whispered.

"You're home early."

"Try keeping me away, never worked so fast and hard." He grinned.

"When did you get back?" I asked coming into Asa's room.

"About.. Ten minutes ago? I let Gracie and Snowball out and got a bottle ready. And hey presto he knew his daddy was home." He smiled.

I retrieved a kiss from him and watched as he checked the temperature of the milk and began feeding Asa. I loved seeing him care for him and bonding with him.

Zak was all for tummy time with Asa laying in the floor with him, Zak was dying to see him roll over. What also  made my heart burst is how 2 little heads poked out from under the crib. Gracie and Snowball had found a new sleeping spot under crib. When he cried Gracie would run and get me or Zak. Whilst Snowball just ran around in a circle yapping letting me know where he was.

As if I could forget..

"Hey Girlies. You keeping an eye out for those sleep demons?" I asked as they came out wagging their tails.

"Well I was cleansed and blessed before I walked through the door. So we are safe." Zak smiled down at her.

"Brit, he's smiling."

"There's a chances that's wind babe. But we call them smiles." I answered.

Taking the bottle out he began to wind him. Asa hated that and the crying began.

"Oh daddy is so mean to make room in my tummy for more food. Tell him he's horrible. Oh baby boy!" He laughed as he finally brought up wind.

"Okay, back to it little man, Gracie I don't need to wind you right?" He asked as she began doing chewbacca at him.

After feeding and changing Asa, Zak  fussed until he fell asleep in his neck.

That's what I planned to do..

He put Asa down for the night and arranged his sleeping bag.

I looked out the window seeing a full moon and the moon light flowing across the room, Zak had put one of his Gran up beside the crews photo. Both of them were lit up.

"We made it." I whispered up to the moon as if his gran could hear us.

"That we did." Zak answered closing the curtains.

"Did you miss your daddy?" he asked Gracie and Snowball in a Texas accent which made me laugh every time. Giving them a pet they went under the crib onto a bed I had put a bed there feeling bad that they were on the floor.

"Did you miss daddy?" He asked me in Texas making me giggle as he pulled me into a hug.

"Yes I did.. A lot."

"How much?"

"A lot."

"But how much?"

I only had to bite my lip before I was picked up and put on his waist, I locked my legs on his hips so I stayed in place.

"Night kids." Zak whispered walking us out the room.

"What we gonna do now?" I asked sighing as his hands went down my body. He had an idea from his face.

"I want you."

"Well.. I want you." I answered.

"What a perfect situation mummy."

"Show me what you got daddy?" I grinned as he nibbling my neck, closing the door behind him.

-------------- xXx------------