Ugly rumours

Do you ever have those moments in bed where you jump and practically levitate off the bed? No?

Well I did when I had someone banging down my door at 4am. I swung out of bed grabbing my baseball bat.

Don't ask. Real- okay I brought it to protect myself.

I crept downstairs debated on ringing the cops, whoever it is better clear off. I kept the lights off hoping they'd clear off.

"BRITTANNNY!!" Zak yelled.

I jumped and spun around thinking someone was behind me but I was met with blackness.

I rushed to the door and pulled on it letting out a whine as the top bolt was still across.

"LET ME IN!"

"I- HOLD ON!" I shouted as he pounded the door down.

I eventually got the door open when he pushed in and slammed the door behind me grabbing my face.

"W-what's wrong?"

My eyes fell on his face, he was bleeding.

"Zak? Zak what the fuck? Whats happened? What's wrong? Talk to me!"

"Thank god." He whispered hugging me into his chest.

I held him and waited for him to get go.

Once he did I took him to the bathroom to get him cleaned up. I put the toilet lid down and sat him on it taking off his bloodied top.

Don't ask no questions. Don't get told no lies.

I filled the basin with cold water and grabbed a pack of cotton balls. Lifting his chin I began to clean him up slowly, as the cotton ball touched one of his cuts he closed his eyes leaning on my hand.

Had he been drinking?

He had a busted lip and nose from whatever had happened, I presumed fighting from his bloodied hands as well.

I cleaned his hands up and then cleaned them with an alcohol wipe before binning it all. I guided him back to my room and undid his shoes lifting his foot to pull each shoes off with his socks. With no word or movement I unbuckled his belt and jeans pulling them down and sitting him on the bed as I took them off.

I emptied his pockets on the side and took his clothes downstairs throwing them in the washer. Turning it on I stood there pacing not knowing what to do. He was a mess.

Why? Why was he a mess? What had happened?!

I took him up a glass of milk and a bottle of water. He was still sat where I left him.

"Zak.. Do you want a drink?" I held out the glass of milk. He registered it and drank it back before handing it back to me staring at the floor.

This wasn't him and it was freaking me out.

"Do I need to call Father As-"

"No. He can't help me."

"Okay.. How about you tell me? Maybe I can help?" I asked.

"No.." He whispered pulling me to him and hugging my waist.

I patted his back and brushed his hair back. I didn't like this, this was my rock, Zak was my rock not I was his! He was the unbreakable one! Not me!

"I'm ruined.." He whispered.

"What have you done?" I whispered.

"Can I sleep with you? In your bed? Please?" He asked looking up at me, his eyes held a pleading look which was breaking my heart. I nodded and led him back pulling the covers over him. I got in opposite him and turned off the lamp facing him in the dark.