Trust works two ways

As we drove down into California to find some breakfast Zak began to chuckle, I looked over to see he had brought the blindfold.

"What's that for?"

"Trust works two ways Brit. It's your turn.."

"Wait. I trust you complet-"

"Then there's no problem with you wearing it." He interrupted placing it on me.

"Woah it's dark."

"That's the idea." He answered.

"Hey up.. Wait we're in public!" I spoke as he pulled me out the car.

"Don't make a scene then." He whispered.

Luckily it was early so I was hoping and praying not many people were around. But what difference would it make? I can't see them!

Zak held my hand as we walked, I had took to hugging his arm against my body so that I didn't walk into anything.

"This is fun. People keep looking."
He whispered.

"Right I'm taking it off." I answered reaching for it.

"Don't betray my trust Brit." He replied. I whined and left it on my eyes walking with him.

"That's my girl." He chuckled.

His girl? I wanted to deny it but I liked that idea.

"Stand here. Don't move and I'll be straight back."

"W-what? Zak don't leave me!" I begged but he was gone from around me. I turned around trying to listen for movement but there was so much I couldn't hear him. I couldn't smell his cologne which meant he had left me alone.

"Zak?" I mumbled.

A hand took my back and began to guide me but I stopped. "W-who are you?!" I asked panicking.

Just take the stupid blindfold off Brittany!

No. This could be a test.

I took two steps back and folded my arms waiting in my original spot. I smelt his cologne and turned smelling it. Leather, wood, orange. I stepped to my left and held my hand out touching a chest, I brought it back and smelt in that direction.

It was him.. Wasn't it?

This was about trust and I was putting everything in him by being stood in public surrounded by strangers.

I put my hand out again and patted the chest, feeling the medallion I smiled and moved up touching his face. Strong jaw line, his nose.. My fingers brushed his lips.

It was him.

I grinned and walked into his chest snuggling into it.

"That took you long enough." He whispered.

"Who tried to move me?" I asked.

"I may have paid some dude $20 bucks to try and walk you away from the spot, you took two steps but you knew it wasn't me." He answered.

I pushed my face into his neck hugging him. 

"I waited for you and put a ton of trust in you. Can I take this off now?"

"Hold on, I want you to try this.."

His hand took mine and he guided me from the spot. I knew we had entered a place when I felt the coldness disappear around me. Zak put me in a
seat, I can imagine I looked crazy, being sat here with a blindfold on, maybe they thought we were in some sexual fantasising game.