Party games

I scrubbed and rinsed like a lunatic, I wasn't happy if it wasn't squeaky clean. I was a woman on a mission and if anyone stood in my way they were being moved. Bag after bags of bottles were put into one recycling bin, tins in the next, food went into food waste, paper went into paper. I worked my way around the house checking all the rooms and making sure they were all cleaned and tidied. Zak had locked his bedroom door to stop any one taking advantage of his bed. Can't say I blamed him but I was worried about checking the guest room. In fact I was scared to find out what lurked behind the door. Maybe a drunk with a builders bum or worse.

"Wow someone needs to chill out." Nick spoke making me jump a mile.

"Don't do that!" I hissed at him, he put his hands up in defence and handed me an empty beer bottle. I rolled my eyes and put it into the recycling bin.

"Would you like a hand?"

Before I could answer him I was having help, he lifted the couches as I cleaned under them removing bits of food that people had dropped and simply kicked under there. Animals. I put the vacuum on and began upstairs down when I noticed Kelly watching me through narrowed eyes from below. I stopped the Vacuum and looked at her as she made her way up.

"Hi." I smiled.

"What are you trying to do?"

"Sorry?"

"Get his attention? Play teachers pet? Maybe you want a thank you?" She asked.

"I'm actually cleaning... If it's not importa-"

"I'm not an idiot. You like him but let me make myself clear... He is with me and if you try to interfere with that. You'll be sorry."

"I wouldn't be saying that in front of Zak you know.." Nick answered coming out from the bathroom carrying a rubbish bag.

"Simply because you wouldn't stand a chance if he had to pick between the two of you. So why don't you run along back to Zak and giggle on cue." Nick spoke, I kept my bad bitch face on as she tried to walk up on me to intimidate me.

"He's married.. Both know you don't want him. Just MY Zak."

"Oh sweetie if I wanted him... I'd have him." I answered holding her glare she turned and went back downstairs.

I switched the vacuum on and carried on with even more reason to hate her now. What a bitch.

I could feel Nick watching me which made me more determined to keep my head down and clean the hand rails on the landing. Zak's house was immaculate, he was a clean freak anyway. Plus he lived on his own so the house was never a mess or untidy. But I needed to be kept busy so if that meant go around the plug sockets and light switches then that is exactly what I intended to do.

People soon called it a night and I had my chance to start in the garden, Nick was still helping god bless that man! We soon had it cleaned away and the pool got it's clean. Looking at the tidied garden and the night sky I gave Nick a high 5.

"Thanks bro."

"Not a problem. Looks nice when it's all cleaned away right?" He asked looking around.

"Yeah, and hey thanks for earlier with her." I tipped my head signalling to Kelly indoors.

"I was only saying the truth. You said you couldn't compete with her, I am presuming you meant looks because you didn't actually speak to her?"

I nodded.

"You know, you mean more to him then ten if not a 100 of her. I also happen to know that he has been keeping an eye on you most of the afternoon. I'm quiet and sometimes when you're quiet you pick up on a lot, see a lot more if you get what I mean." He spoke.