Cabin fever

Zak POV

I couldn't sleep.

I had tried so many times but I couldn't shut down my mind and what had been churning away.

I looked over at Brittany, fast sleep, her long eyelashes resting perfectly on her cheeks. Her plump pink lips parted ever so slightly.

She was my best friend, my go to person, my sleep buddy, my mentor and now she was becoming even more.

I had watched the interview she conducted with Kelly and her rat ass boyfriend. I had watched her throughout the whole recording. Her eyes were dominating, piercing and determined. She knew what she wanted and Brit was nailing the coffin shut on Kelly while she was still kicking and screaming.

I never realised how curvy she was until she walked in wearing the formal dress that accentuated her curves, the way she held herself as she walked in heels and how she controlled the situation like a professional would.

I saw more professionalism from her than I did in my legal team. This led to me changing some of them and getting new people. Simple because I had been dealing with clowns and Brittany had shown up and blew my expectations out the water.

She put herself in harms way, I was mortified to think that man grabbed her throat like that, he threatened to hurt her sexually and that twisted my stomach in unbearable knots. Yet she kept her mind in the game and didn't bat an eye lid.

The lioness she said.. I believed every word of it. She was fierce, unpredictable and protective.

I heard a little groan rise from her as sh moved in bed. Forever a wiggler this one.. The only time she was still was if I was asleep on her, most of the time I did. If I didn't then she had to be touching me, even if it was only her foot on my shin, she knew I was there.

She kicked the bedding and tossed her head. I had watched her earlier take her shorts off leaving her in a pair of black Calvin Klein panties and a black tank top.

I dodged the elbow in the face as she lost the tank top throwing it away only for it to land on my face.

I held back a chuckle and picked it off my face before smelling it. Everything she touched smelt of her perfume. An oriental and fruity smell that I craved. I left it between us as she flipped over facing away from me. Thank god she had a matching sports bra on.

Not so much it matched but at least she wore one..

The moonlight had turned her skin pale, it looked almost cold and I battled the urge to touch her. But if she touched me...

I smiled and moved my leg away from her foot. Her body registered it and moved to find me. Slinging her leg over mine I chuckled quietly.

I slipped my leg out from under hers to see what she would do.

I heard her whimper and curl up into a tight ball.

Hey that's not the idea!

I was about to move to Brittany when she sat up and got it of bed. I watched her walk to the doors and put her hands against them.

"Please come home." She spoke pressing her head against the window.

"Brit?"