Remember me..

Zak POV

It was mid morning when Brittany finally came around, instantly pulling at the wires on her body sending the heart monitor off scale.

"GET OFF! GET IT OFF ME!" She screamed pulling out the IV line in her arm.

I grabbed her hand to stop her, "Brittany! Brittany! Look at me?!"

She froze wide eyed looking at me, I could feel her body shaking in my hands.

A doctor and nurse came in taking over.

"Good morning Brittany and how are you?" He smiled.

"Who are you? Was I in an accident?" She asked looking at us. Her eyes met mine I was about to speak when she spoke again.

"Who are you? Why are you here?"

"What? Brit. it's me? It's me Zak?" I frowned.

"Was I in an accident? I don't know a Zak.. Can you go? I don't know you."

"Okay Brittany, if you'd like to watch my pen light, that's it." The doctor spoke checking her pupils.

"Right, can you remember anything that has happened say in the last 24 hours?"

"Was I in an accident?"

"How about the last 12 hours?" The doctor asked.

"Why am I here? Who's that?" She asked pointing to the nurse.

"Hello, my names Claire. I've been looking after you."

"I'm not sick?"

"You have had a bang to the head, so a lot of it is still a bit fuzzy at the moment you may remember something later." She smiled.

"I know it's difficult we need you to think back to what you can remember last." The doctor asked.

"Was I in an accident?" Brittany asked over and over again.

"Yes. You got hit in the head pretty fucking hard. Now please.. Please sweetie think."

"Are you a doctor? You don't dress like one. Where's..." She paused looking around. Kate came through the door with Aaron following behind him.

"Hey she's awake!" Kate smiled.

I shook my head lightly.

"Brittany, I'm under the impression you are suffering with some form of memory loss. Can you remember anything significant?"

"Where's.. Wheres Nick?" She asked. I looked at Kate and Aaron as they looked at me.

"Hey.. Can you remember me?" Aaron asked smiling. She sat forward looking at Aaron , I watched Brittany tilt her head. Her eyebrows pulled together as she looked at him.

"You're not Nick."
She sighed sitting back.

"What about me?" Kate asked.

"No. Where's he too?"

I couldn't tell her, I couldn't do it to her heart. What if she didn't want to come near me or any of us?

Billy walked in followed by Jay seeing her away they stopped.

"Hey Billy. Did you see Nick?"
Brittany asked.

All of us looked at her.

"Brittany who is that? Who's that man?" I asked.

"Billy, Silly. Oh that rhymed ha." She smiled happily and looked at the doctor.

"You recognise this man.. From where?" The doctor asked.

"Billy. He's just Billy. But I need Nick. Was I in an accident?" She asked.

It was killing me, out of everyone she knew Bill. Not me, not Aaron, not even Kate! Her best friend.

"Do you remember this lady?" Aaron showed her his phone.

"Sally? Sarah? No.. Is that Kelly? She's horrible. She used to make thingys life horrible. What's his name? But I told her off. Right Billy? Oh maybe you don't know.. Hey!" She moved down to Jay again as he smiled.

"I know your smile."

"You remember Me?" Jay asked.

"Jay."

"Well done." Jay smiled. Brittany smiled and looked at me.

"Mr who are you? You look at me differently. It's in your eyes? You have beautiful eyes. Your hair is all spiky!" She grinned.

"So who can you remember then?" The doctor asked making Brit look at him.

"Billy. In my head. My head, no ear!"

"Me and Brittany were using ear pieces." Billy confirmed.

"Okay, anything about what Billy said?" The doctor pushed.

"Jay? Who's Jay? Billy is always with Jay. Jay and Billy! Billy and Jay always together! Mr? Am I right?"
Brit asked me.

"Yeah sweetie you're right."

"Mr? I can't remember who you are but can we be friends? I like your face." She smiled at me.

"We are dating. Me and you. We live together in a house with a dog." I smiled.

"A dog?"

"Yeah I'll show you?" I smiled showing her a picture of Gracie. She chewed her lip looking at my phone.

"Grace? Grace with a y.... Gracie?" Brittany asked.

"Yep that's her name. Well done."

A silence filled the room as Brittany sat there. She didn't recognise me and it was killing me deep down.

"Was I in an accident?" She asked as I put my head into my hands.

She's gone.. Everything she remembered of us. Everything was gone.