My ogre

We checked out the hotel and loaded back up into the RV. I made a beeline for the bed. It didn't take me long to throw myself down and get comfortable.

I was there less than 5 minutes before I was being climbed over and snuggled into.

"I can't sleep properly without you beside me." Zak whispered.

"That's your problem." I answered rolling away and curling up.

Zak took hold of my jeans and the back of my top dragging me back towards him. I moved away again out of his reach taking one side of the bed.

"No, lay with me.." Zak groaned rolling over and into me.

With nowhere else to go I had no choice but to stay by his side. I rolled onto my side and looked at him closely.

"What do you see?" He asked.

"An old man. Going grey on your goatee. But it's really cute."

He smiled and touched it "a few grey stranglers there. Think I should shave it off?"

"No! No I like it. Bit of scruff." I smiled touched it and scrunching my nose when it stubbled against my fingers.

"What do you see?" I asked.

"Beauty."

"Who me?" I batted my lashes making us laugh.

"Someone who's a little hard on herself and she really doesn't need to be. Someone who has these really cute glasses, but she thinks she's a geek. So if she is one then..." He pulled out his and put them on.

"I am too."

I giggled and took them off placing them on the side so he didn't fall asleep with them on. I laid back down closer to him snuggling into his chest.

"Thank you." I spoke quietly.

"It's only glasses Brit."

"No, not that. It was cute, but not that."

Zak propped himself up onto his elbow looking down at me. "Then what?"

"For the other night.. I don't know if I said thank you. For coming to get me, for stopping... You know."

He tucked some hair behind my ear and held my face running his thumb over my bottom lip.

"I think I do.. But you have to understand. If you ever need me, I'll come for you."

"Easy tiger." I winked making him laugh.

"Not that kind of come." He chuckled.

"I know.. And I also know you'd be there for me. Like I'd be there for you."

"Even if the rain starts to fall?" He asked.

"I'd be there for you, cause you're there for me too!" I sang the friends theme tune.

"Ah you knew!" He grinned.

I nodded grinning at him "Great minds think alike huh?"

"Certainly do. But I'm serious.. Don't ever feel that you can't call me. I'm so glad you did because the outcome of you didn't would be-"

"I don't want to think about it.." I mumbled.

"Has he tried to contact you?" He asked.

"Not that I know of. I blocked his number." I answered.

My phone went off making me look at Zak as he looked at me "Spooky." He laughed as I sat up and grabbed my phone.

I pressed accept and put it to my ear.