Blue and Purple

Saki and kokona walked to the roof, saki leading kokona away from everyone else before scrutinising her.

"You haven't been acting like your usual self lately. Is something.. Bothering you?" Saki asked, looking kokona directly in the eye, who flinched.

"Oh... Well... I-it's nothing..." Kokona replied quietly, looking away.

"If you don't want to talk about it, that's fine. But remember, I'm your freind, and I would never judge you for anything!" Saki insisted, although she felt a pang in her chest when she said 'freind' She wanted it to be more so much...

"I guess that there IS one thing I want to talk about...." Kokona relented, clasped hands sweaty.

"I'm listening" saki replied, a reassuring smile placed on her face.

"Ever since mum died, dad's been drinking a lot.... Sometimes... When he's drunk... He comes into my room.... And..."

Saki's face paled. Oh god.

Kokona saw the look on her friends face and lost all her confidence. "Ugh... Forget I said anything! I don't wanna talk about it!"

Saki felt a sense of dread wash over her like cold water.

"That sounds serious! What does your dad do???"

Kokona shuddered at her commanding tone. "I don't wanna talk about it... Just drop it!"

But saki leant forwards and hugged her.

"I'm here for you always kokona, don't forget that. I'm always here to help"

And with that she walked off, leaving a blushing kokona behind.

"S-saki...."