Black and green

"Why do you never hang with us?" Midori repeated, and ayano dragged her hand down her face in exasperation. "Midori, can you just-"

"And you always looks so zone out!" "Midori, please-" "you never talk either, not really!"

"SHUT UP!" ayano finally yelled, before she paused, shocked. No one had ever gotten such a violent response out of her before. But midori was just... So annoying!

Midori's eyes filled with tears. "A-ayano cha-" "no, midori! Whatever it is, no! Shut up!"

Midori began to sob loudly, and ran away. Ayano, realising what she had just said, ran after her. "Oy! Get back here! Look, I'm sorry!" But midori ignored her.

Ayano sighed as she backed midori up into a corner. "Look, I know I came off like I hated you!" She began gently "but you were just overwhelming me with questions! Please, just wait for me to answer!"

Midori sniffed and nodded. "O-okay, I'm sorry. Y-you just kinda startled me aishi-san, since.. Yknow... Your so quiet" ayano giggled, her eyes widening as she did so. 'Did I..? Just laugh?!'

"Don't worry" the words slipped out of her mouth before she could realise what she was saying. "Besides, your kinda cute when you are curious. Your eyes get super big and you pout a bit too..."

Ayano was rambling now, her brain trying to process, but it all went from slow and uneasy to acceleration as her brain finally processed something- midori was kissing her!

Midori pulled back and blushed, the stark red clashing with her green hair. But somehow, ayano thought, it looked cute. "I-i'm so sorry!" She apologised. "I just-"

She was cut off when ayano slipped her hand into hers. "Let's keep this between us, OK?" She gave midori a wink, who then promptly blushed harder. "O-okay, aishi San. Let's go back"

And they walked back, hand in hand to akademi.