~12~

~*~Laurance's POV~*~

I waved Aph goodbye as she exit the house. I really hope that she doesn't get in any trouble. I walked back in the living room, where Katelyn sat a second ago. Anyways, I should speak whit Travis about that, potion was it? I guess he is in his lab. I walked under the stairs and entered the lab. "Hey Travis, you here?" I jelled , sound ecoing the room."Laurance, is that you?" I herad him and then I saw him peeking from a door that was across the lab."Jesus, have you ever heard knocking? "he asked smiling. "Yea, but I thought is not necessary" I answered calmly. "Anyways, can I speak whit you?. "Yea sure, what's app?". "Is it safe for Aph to wonder around this island at night?". I saw him awkwardly smiling and scratching back of his head "It is 100% safe! I swear to you" he said nervously and looked away from me. "Okay.. I see that you are busy so I am not gonna bo-" I was cut by Travis whispering to himself "It is safe if you don't mess whit a demons". "Wait, WHAT!!!" I jelled at him as loud as I could. "You heard that...hehehehhehe" he said really quietly, lowering his head. I was so pissed, I pinned him to the wall so he couldn't move at all. "You are going to tell me everything right here.RIGHT. NOW!" I growled at him. "Okay, long story short, the only way for you to escape this island is to..." he paused "SPLIT IT OUT TRAVIS!!" "...is to kill Demon Warlock" he said and closed his eyes and bit his lower lip. "WHY DID YOU TOLD THAT JUST TO APHMAU! WE NEED TO FIGHT THAT THING TOGETHER!" I wanted Travis dead right now."First, calm down. Aphmau will be fine" he said and opened his one eye. "Aphmau is fighting that thing? Alone? Are you shitting me??" I said, my voice breaking. The thought of Aphmau being hurt..just.. hurts. "She is the only one who can fight the Demon. Only she has magic powers out of you tree". "I guess that Aphmau didn't tell you that I am a shadow knight ha?" I asked him smirking. "You are a shadow knight? Are you kidding me?" he said, his jaw dropped and his eyes widen."Now, dear Travis, you are gonna tell me exactly where is Aphmau, or else" I said preparing my fist. "Okay, I'll tell you" he said finally giving up. "Smart decision".

~*~Aphmau's POV~*~

I was on a hill that Travis told me the Demon Warlock lies. It looked pretty normal: just trees everywhere. I am kinda nervous: this is my first fight whit out Laurance. I climbed on top of the hill, walked a little bit towards center. Then I heard a click. I looked down and saw a pressure plate. "Oh my Irene, please no" I whispered to myself. The ground started to shake, a small rocks were levitating in the air, going in circles. "So, what do we have here? A traveler, lost explorer..wait I know you" I heard a voice. Then I saw it: the Demon Warlock in all his ugliness: he had hooves instead of legs, pliers on his fingers, his skin was brown, red ,black and damaged. I could see a lot of the holes in his body that have become infected. And finally, his head: long, bony head, horns sticking out of his head, his yellow vampire toots I could see through his evil smile, his nose red and bloody, and his eyes were big, and in them I could see just evil, fire and blood. "Yes, you do know me, and I am here to end you" I said holding my sword tight, ready for him to attack me. He looked at me and started laughing "You think that you, a human, can defeat me? Funny. I know every single bit about you, little Irene" he said still laughing. "You are just one big coward!" I jelled at him, which turn out to be a mistake. "You will regret what you just said" he said showing his vampire teeth."I can easily defeat a trash can like you". "That's IT!!IRENE! PREPARE TO DIE!!" he said and disappeared."What the--". "I'M HERE" he said and I turned around to see him standing there, holding a bloody sword. I was caught off guard and I felt a huge pain in my stomach. I fell on ground, my stomach killing me. He..stabbed me. "MHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA AHAHAH! And you thought you can kill me? Nobody can sweetie". "Are you sure?" I heard another voice. No way."Look what do we have here! Another toy to play whit. A shadow knight? I didn't saw one forever!". "You'll pay for what you've done to my love!". "You can't-a-a-a" I managed to open my eyes and saw a big hole in Demon's body. "Hahahahahahhaahaha" the Demon evilly laughed. "WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING AT?YOU ARE DEAD "I heard another swing of sword and saw Demons head on the floor, and Laurance's shoulder had a big wound. He was loosing a lot of blood. I need to help him. This Demon will pay! I felt a energy entering my body, blinding light was all around me, I closed my eyes, and when I opened them, I saw that wound on my stomach was gone, I held a crystal sword in my hand, and.. wings on my back. I smiled a little, hope was everywhere. "Shadow knight, you destroyed my physical form, but nobody can defeat my spirit" the Demon jelled."No. Nobody alone can "I said rising my head. "You are supposed to be dead!" demon roared at me and sprint toward me, ready to cut my head off. I could't move, I didn't know how to control my powers. Then Laurance stood in front of me, his and demons sword bumped."I will not let you hurt her again "he said and threw the Demon on the ground. Laurance turned to me "I don't care about what is happening now but I need to do this: I love you" he said leaning in, and kissed me on the lips. If this is really our last moment, then I should show him how I fell. I kissed him back. "No, you can't use the power of love on meeeeaaaaaaa"I heard a scream, I could feel the magic aura forming around us, expending more and more, getting rid of any kind of black magic. When that madness stopped, Laurance pulled away. "Don't you dare run to where I can't protect you "he said. I looked him in the eyes, and I saw a sadness in them. "Don't worry Laurance, I won't" I said and hugged him tight."Thank you for everything Laurance" I whispered in his ear. "No need to thank me. I love you, and I will always be here for you" he said and hugged me even tighter. I think... I think I am really falling for him.

Word count:1170

Thank you loves for reading!<3