Part Thirty

MICHAELS POV

I just woke up with a text from Calum. I didn't want it to say that they were holding hands and talking a lot. I mean yeah I want Luke to have more friends but I mean he's mine. We have something going on, and they don't. At least I don't think so.

Calum: Mikey

Me: yeah?

Calum: in school they were talking a lot

Me: oh god

Calum: I'm sorry

Me: should I put off my trip until later or should I just come.

Calum: it's like 1 AM here call me it's easier to say than text

Me: alright just give me 1 minute

Calum: alright

"Hi cal." I say into the phone walking to my closet getting my clothes for work.

"Hi Mikey. So this is what happened. Me and Luke have 1 period together. He usually meets me at my locker and we walk together. This time was different. I saw him walking with Jake laughing to science. I was talking to him and he was saying how excited he was to go to the dance with him. Little does he know that you were gonna be here. I'm really sorry to have this happen. But another thing that IK confused about." Cal explains to me.

"What is it?" I ask back.

"Jake is one of the populars. His group has made fun of him before. Just this year as well. Now out of no where he comes and asks him out to the dance. Luke never had any feelings for any guy in our grade. Also really no one is gay except for Luke. I'm sure Jake isn't because I've seen him with girls all the time." He tells me as I start to get a weird feeling in my stomach.

"Dude. Can you do me a favor?" I ask shaking my head.

"Yeah sure what is it?" He asks back.

"Keep an eye on that Jake kid. This happened to me, when I was in school. Some kid tricked me and hurt me the night before. It was a dare to ask the gay guy out, because I was the only one. Please just watch him carefully I don't want Luke getting hurt." I say concerned about this random person.

"I will. I promise. I'll tell you if anything happens." He says as I sigh.

"Thanks. I gotta get ready for work." I say sighing once more.

"Alright I'll talk to you later." He says hanging up.

~ At Work ~

I already wasn't having a good day. Luke and this Jake kid and work was stressing me out. I also just felt sick. All I wanted was to just go home. I didn't want to work anymore but I know I need the money. Finally it was 8PM. I needed to go home. That's all I wanted since I started to work today. Luke hasn't even texted me all day. Did he forget about me?

Me: hi babe

Me: Luke?

Me: arghhh Luke

Me: answer meh plz

Luke: sorry I didn't answer I'm hanging out with Jake

Me: oh okay...

Luke: is everything okay

Me: yeah

Luke: you sure

Me: mhm.

Luke: how was work

Me: bad

Luke: sorry

Me: it's okay. I'm tired so in gonna get some sleep. Goodnight love you

Luke: goodnight

Luke didn't say I love you back to me. He always did. He always said it to me every single day. God damnit. Why isn't he the same. He didn't text me at all today. He didn't say I love you. What the hell is going on.

Me: ash can we talk

Ash: yeah sure what is it

Me: Luke isn't acting the same

Ash: what happened?

Me: when we planned to go to London Luke has a school dance. He told me he wasn't going but I was gonna surprise him by taking him. Now someone asked him that he barely talked to. Now Luke hasn't been texting me a lot and he isn't saying I love you to me anymore when I say it. Every since this guy has come into his life everything has been different

Ash: oh god I'm sorry. I don't get why he isn't talking to you. Also doesn't he always say I love you?

Me: he used to say it all the time

Ash: do we now cancel our trip or I mean idk

Me: I'm not gonna cancel it. I at least want to meet the boy in in love with, even if he doesn't want me like that.

Ash: Mikey I honestly feel so bad. I'm so so so sorry that this happened. We all had no idea this was coming

Me: I know but the guy barely talked to Luke and remember what happened with me with that guy and it was a dare to ask the gay kid out

Ash: yeah I remember

Me: I have an idea that's happening to Luke. I told Cal to look out for this kid

Ash: wait don't you guys have something unofficial?

Me: mhm.

Ash: I'm sure everything is gonna be okay

Me: I really hope so