Prologue

I use ______ as a reader insert for your name.

The cast of characters is used for giving credit to people who make AU's or characters, and unless otherwise noted, it was created by me, as an original idea.

Disclaimer: Undertale is copyright of Toby Fox, any views or ideas expressed in this story are solely my own, and are not affiliated with Toby Fox. The only thing I own is my idea and my characters, all others belong to their rightful owners.

I am not responsible for any physical or emotional damage that is indirectly caused by this story, to yourself, or any of your property.

You throw your phone, that's your deal.

I am wholly responsible for all your pain and suffering that will be caused in this book and I will thoroughly enjoy it because I know you are so developed in my characters and that makes me feel good okay thanks)

~*~no~*~

~*~Frisk~*~

I step onto the cracked Earth,as  my team of proud misfits behind me gaze into the sun for the first time... in... maybe their entire lives.

Sans stands tall, almost up to the base of Asgore's horns, and I realize he's taller than Toriel, the sun reflects across his features, he takes in a deep breath, for once, he's not smoking.

My eyes glance over to the other figures, talking, laughing, I glance over at Papyrus, who pauses beside me, his red scarf flutters in the slight breeze, gentle, promising.

Papyrus watches him, and talks to me.

"He's gonna be okay, right?" Is all Papyrus says.

I nod, and hold his hand.

"It's all going to be okay, Papyrus. He's just... unsure. He'll find his footing sooner or later."

"I'm sure he will, huma- Frisk." I smile to Papyrus, and glance at the glowing, golden sunlight, reflecting onto the dusty rocks.

Undyne stands beside Sans, only slightly smaller than him, by half an inch or so.

She nudges him.

There are tears in her voice.

"We've finally made it. And... Frisk got to be here with us, in body and spirit."

Sans chuckles, low in his throat.

"You did good, kid." He pats me on the back,  I nearly fall over, but of course, he keeps me steady.

He always keeps me steady.

The words are sincere.

He shifts his weight, leans to one side, and Undyne appears taller.

She notices, and raises her head the slightest bit, her crimson hair is twirling in the light breeze.

He glances at me, with his black-and-white eyes, and smiles, it's barely there but I can see it.

He's... almost fatherly.

For once, it's a real smile, he's not faking it, his eyes glow, both of them, and he whistles softly, through his teeth.

I stand closer, bury my head into the ruffle of his jacket's edge.

He lets out a peaceful breath, and nestles his fingers onto the top of my head.

Undyne sees, and takes the opportunity.