~*~2~*~

(I don't know what happened don't blame me for my  fantasies. I don't  know if this is considered fluff or whatever but there's some pretty... weird... romance? I guess? Cause it's not serious and, not like they mean anything by it but more like a sudden 'did that just happen'? What's it called? Heat of the moment. I guess.)

~*~Sacrifice~*~

~*~Sans~*~

The ground is littered with bodies, cold, dark, eyes rolled back in their heads, faces I've never seen before... and yet, for some reason, it's like they're the bodies of my family.

Rubble, rocks, ruins litters the cracked floor, embers burn, leaving a scorching heat on my face. There is no sound, other than that of my own footsteps, steadily making my way across the room, that of which I don't recognize. 

A chill finds itself crawling up my spinal chord, tan sweater dripping with blood, torn, and frayed, I carefully make my way up a small hill. 

A woman stands at the very top, her face... somehow familiar, and yet- I've never seen it before.

She smiles at me, like I'm an old friend, her hair is long, cheeks stained with tears, and skin littered with wounds.

Mechanically, I pull her into an embrace, and she lets go of a breath she was holding.

And quietly, she gives me a kiss, as she falls cold and limp in my arms...

She looks at me with glassy grey eyes and exhales, as her eyes quietly close.

Her arm falls to the ground, fingers curling in a peaceful sleep...

She stops trembling.

My eyes flick open, startled, and I look around for a moment, interlocking my fingers, and then pulling on my jacket.

The dream felt- so vivid, so.. real...

I shake my head, and head through the doorway, walking out of the dark inner-room, looking at the girl. She's gazing through the barred window, cloudy and stained it's covered in grime.

I exhale softly, "...It's sad."

She jumps out of her skin as I speak, chills rising on her skin.

I'm not wearing shoes, she sees my foot bones for the first time, and stares, before she can realize it.

I sit down beside her on the concrete, and put my hands in my pockets.

"They used to be beautiful." I nod, "...but now...? ...It's just... pitiful. The stars... clouded up by all the smoke."

She nods, "mm-hmm."

I nudge her shoulder.

"Why you up so early, doll?.. Or, perhaps it's late... hmm..." 

"...Nightmares."

"Ah. A fellow... insomniac, then?"

I say it almost too-sharp, and she glances at me, surprised there's something that keeps me awake at night. Surprised something can gain the upper hand over me. Perhaps it fills her with Determination.

Determination to find out what can bring me to my knees?

"You humans aren't the only ones with problems." I mutter.

She doesn't really say anything, rather, she shrugs.

And then, glancing at me, she sits down on the couch, pulling her knees to her chest, and her body rises up-and-down heavily, she's thinking.