~*~8~*~

(I'm sick. And I just got contacts.  So if this chapter is sort of bad or something I'm so frickin' sorry, but I tried to make it so good. We get into the whole war and things in this chapter. Been planin' it for a while. BTW above is some motivation. enjoy. It helped me through a hard time.)

(So. Yea. Swear Warning.)

(p.s. sorry if I seem a bit drained or less in-detail about stuff.

I was listening to the song from Chapter 7 again. SO if it's sad that's why. Ok wow. I just wrote an extremely long motivational speech. It seems so short but it's 2000 + words I so sorry. I sick and I wanted to post somethin'.)

~*~Hopeful~*~

~*~Sans~*~

I'm standing on the slab of concrete that over-looks the majority of the camp, and I'm trying to think.

I'm supposed to be telling everyone what we're going to do to save the girl, since today is the day we take over the two castles of the monsters and the humans, but my head feels like it's going to implode and my fingers are buried in my pockets, so I just kind of stand there, looking like a kid who's giving a presentation over something they don't even care to know much about, and they're all staring at me expectantly like I'm supposed to know what I'm going to say, and do, and that I'm supposed to be the strong one. A leader.

I look at the crowd before me, and I open my mouth to speak.

For a second nothing comes out, and then, when I get out the first word, it's like all my thoughts come crashing down.

It's... invigorating, in a weird sort of, motivational way.

"Look. I know, you guys were expecting some strong, and confident leader to be standing up here, right now, but today I'm not that person. I'm scared, and I'm confused, and I don't know what to do. Okay? I'll be honest, I'm not sure what to say, so here goes.

I've decided, that, if we're going to ever take over the two major camps for either side, it has to be soon and it has to be simultaneous. If we're not coordinated, then we're going to fail. Plain and simple. However, people are afraid of what they don't understand, and you know what they don't understand?"

              "Us." 

"They think we're... insane, heh, and- for the most part they're right."

I get a chuckle from various people in the crowd.

"You know it's true, don't deny it."

"But, they also know something else that's true.  We're strong, we don't give up. They see us as a group of serial killers all hell-bent on ripping each other's throats out , but, what they don't know, is.. that's one of the reasons why we're strong. We all want to be on top, so we compete, we thrive for being better than those around us, and so we get stronger. And, some might say that occasionally a fight breaks out, and when they do,  some of the others who have seniority, including myself, break it up. Nobody goes unpunished. Want to know why?"

"We rise and fall as a team. We're a pack of rabid wolves in their eyes, and yet we're still sane enough to keep together. It's... like a family.  We're a family, we'll die together. If somebody gets wounded, we pick 'em up, and we get the hell out of there until we know that our wounded are safe. No-body needs to suffer either. If someone's dying, and past repair,  you take your weapon, give 'em  clean shot.  No one's going to suffer. Not one of ours, not anyone. We may be cut-throat, but we've got a set of morals.  You all know what I mean when I say, that revenge is okay. It's okay to want revenge. What's not okay, is when you charge into a battle because your best friend, your brother, or some other loved-one got killed. No, that's suicidal. That's not heroic, that's idiotic. You want to make their sacrifice mean something, let it fuel you to be better. Let it shield you. No one dies in vain!"