~*~20~*~

*You look at him, as he rests his head on his knees, and lets out a sigh.

*You can't find the right words.

"Let me guess. 'What the hell'. That what you wanted to ask?"

*You stare at him, the words dissolve on your tongue.

"Something along the lines of, 'Why didn't I tell you?'"

*...His voice: tone low, icy, with the low roughness of a life-long smoker, and the mysterious breeze of a foreigner, has a secret hidden within it's perfect note, a bitter hum to it, tonight.  

"Do you really want to know?"

*You nod, and he sighs.

"... because..." 

*You stare at him, as he sighs and faces you.

"...Because I'm dying."

~*~Sacrament~*~

~*~G~*~

Sacrament

And until I'm frozen cold,

I shall tuck you in my arm,

And until my arms unfold,

I shall keep you from all harm,

Though one day, my sweet, you'll see

all the fear that's taken me,

And one day my sweet, you'll find

it grows

dark, 

darker 

yet, darker

inside of you mind,

and soon my sweet, it will convey

all the pain that was, that day,

but inside his eyes, you'll see

all the love he held for me.

I stared out into the murky depths of the ocean, letting my feet swing, being tossed by the drifting tides of this stale morning.

My eyes locked to the waves, the way they rippled, indecisive. At times, they were calm, collected, they cooperated with the sailors, who were rigging their ships for the cool crisp weather.

And other times, the waves were brutal, tearing through galleons as if they were nothing but paper boats on a pond, dragging them- and the unfortunate crew- to their untimely demise.

The waves were respected... and I would assume that was how it was meant to be, that there should be a constant song of respect, sung by both ocean and by those who dare to try and tame her. 

But, the sea, will not be tamed, and can not be controlled. Not by- determination, not by some god, she is wild, bearing her merciless fangs at any who dare tread her path, who dare try and tie a noose around her neck.

A fiery mare, who's hoof-beats are that of thunderclaps, her whinny the howl of the unforgiving wind. The dam's teeth are razor-blades, waves cutting through ships as easily as if frail skin, her speed, swifter than the lightning that tears through the ebony clouds. Her mane the rolling waves, a banner of her royalty, of her prestige, she is the judge, jury, and executioner- trying to tame this ocean, this- mare... is trying to tame death.