~*~16~*~

*You initiate a hard reset.
*His voice.
*Soft, quiet.
"Thank you."

~*~Reset~*~
~*~Sans~*~

We step onto the cracked Earth, following behind Frisk, who looks at me brightly.
...
They ask to show me something.
"Of course." I tug at my black jacket.
I don't know how I'm still like this without Frisk's soul... And I hear another voice, within my head, distorted.
Gaster.
I remember.
Walking forward, he loses his footing.
I'm not sure how to react.
I reach out, trying to keep him from falling.
Instead, I fall too.
An incredible pain.
Somehow..
We... Survive?
Together.
Frisk glances at me, wondering what I'm thinking about.  I follow them into a field, to see the stars.
I hope.
I plead.
I pray.
The bullet's shot rings out.
Nothing's changed.
I failed.
I think in an instant.
I don't feel the pain, though, and I don't hit the ground.
Frisk just stares at me, unsure what to do.
I shrug.
"Maybe it was nothing."
Frisk shakes their head,
"Someone just saved your life."
I look around.
"Who?"
"Who else?" Reset's voice rings long in my head.
"'Course it's you."
"'Course it's me."
Reset looks at me, slyly.
"Carmine wasn't there this time... Is she...?" Reset looks down as his knukles.
"Yea."
I say, vaguely.
It's like a dream, this world.
I don't believe that there wasn't only perhaps a piece of the girl that didn't care for me, but I have to agree she didn't feel a deep emotional tug like I felt for her.
"Good." He growls, "Well. Time to go visit some more... Timelines..." He says quietly, and dissapears.
I was approached by Asgore later that day.
"Sans... With your new...." He spoke delicately, "adaptations... I wanted to ask you to be a Colonel in the army. It's not likely you'll be-"
I stopped him,
"Thanks for the offer... But when I enlist I want to start from the bottom and crawl my way to the top, if I'm good enough, I'll get there."
He looked at me, blankly.
"Alright. Any specific branch you got your eye set on?"
"I've always liked the Navy." I say, absent-mindedly.
My eyes lock on the sunset before me.
Frisk smiles.
~*~10 Years later~*~
(Previous time as when Chapter 1 Started)

I wake up, the gently whine of the ship cutting through the waves is calming as the sun hits the ocean's foaming surface, reflecting the promise of smooth waters.
The recruits all glance at me as I walk past, the golden of my pristine, pressed uniform feels awkward and heavy to walk in, it always had. I never liked wearing my uniform, and it never liked me.

"Captain. Good to see ya." Bullet, the Commander, the rank just below mine,  patted me on the back, and twisted my cap, I rolled my eyes, thought to bang him on the head for it, and then remembered our closeness, and just laughed, returning the gesture.
Anamnesis, the Lieutenant Commander swooped in and slapped the back of his head, "Get in shape, Bullet."
She hissed, and although she was a rank, and a few years behind him, she could still be assertive toward him, and he was okay with it, because we were all friends, and I think a part of them remembered what I'd done for them in the other timeline.
I think, in the recesses of their minds they recalled the events passed.
It's strange....
Why did I choose the Navy when, clearly, I should be a Soldier, boots on the ground sort of guy.
I suppose...
I had always liked the sea....
Question is,
Why?
....
The sea was something no one not even someone with the power to load save or reset could control.
And it had always brought me hope that someday, I too, wouldn't have to be controlled.
~*~
Not that it bothers me, really.
You made the right choice.
And I'm sorry I hurt you.
Not her.
But you .
The one staring at my words, the one commenting.
I know you exist.
I love you for what you've done,
Letting it all reset.
~*~
I walk into the briefing room,
On My sad little Aircraft Carrier,
The R.G. New Home, which is part of a much larger fleet, which was decided to be called 'Determination' by the citizens of 'True Home' (the name of the new Capital.)
If that's what I'm supposed to call it, 'briefing room' 
Who knows? It's just a 'spare'(and by spare I mean storage) room we put a couple desks in.
They all salute to me.
It still, ..Ten years... Has it really been so long... Later bothers me, just how they are so formal.
It shouldn't, I know.
But it feels like I don't deserve it.
"Captain. I think you've heard about the Exenodites and their plan to-"
"I don't care. The Air Force-" I sigh, "It's being taken care of."
"Sir. You wanted us to look for genetic experimentation on humans in a 50 mile radius, correct?"
I frown, briefly, setting my cap on the table, I whisper, 'you saw nothing'
"Yes."
"There's a major operation said to be happening off the gulf of hawthorn. Just North of Rickshaw bay. We've got permission to handle whatever it is."
"Permission from who?" My tone is low.
"Asgore, himself."
I nod.
They just stare for a minute.
"What the hell's everyone waiting for?" I bark, "A formal invitation? Get this rickety bucket of bolts goin'!"
They scramble away.
I take off my 'sailor suit' and put on my dark jeans, and my dark jacket with it's rolled up sleeves.
My hand brushes against my ribs as I shrug on my jacket, and I flinch, feeling a cut, a thick carven inscision into my rib cage.
Completing a hard Reset left me, as the one who indirectly initiated it, in the same physical state as I'd been in, which I admit, is strong, but my soul is basic, minus the extra LoVe, and EXP and HoPe, I retain multiple of the same features, like my.. Fusion... I suppose to call it.
Yet the memories I've sustained aren't my own, like an engraving of someone else's life, sensations of splitting apart on contact with the core,
The sensation as we refuse.
I recall both vividly.