Last Date

I finally got out of her room while fixing myself up a bit, the anxiety was kicking in and I really didn't know what to do at that moment.

Sweats trickled down my forehead as I wiped it away.

I took a deep breath and puff off some air, I turned to my heels to see Athena coming over.

"Oh my ..baby were you crying or something?" She says tippy toeing to lean in closer.

"Uh..Uhm no..it's ah allergies." I said.

"I Uhm ..I gotta go check up on Lea..she's probably waiting for me right now" I said not even giving her a chance to speak.

I sprinted away from her and landed on Lea's doorstep. I unlocked the door and I smiled seeing her eating well while she watches her cartoon.

She turned her head and waved at me. "APPAA~!!" She giggles.

She got off the bed and jumped into my arms as I swayed her around. "How's my little baby doing?" I said.

"Good! I miss you daddy." She gave me a kiss which I did the same on her cheek.

"So good news princess..you'll be able to get out of here in just two days." I said happily.

"Really?! YASS! I get to play with my sisters again! And mommy too!" She giggles.

The mention of mommy made my stomach queasy again. I still couldn't shake off what happened earlier.

"Daddy? Have you been crying? Why?" She ask with those puppy eyes staring at me.

"Oh me? No no..it's Uhm allergies" I chuckled awkwardly.

"Oh Okays." She replied.

I stayed with her for nearly an hour and I knew if I stay too long I'd get pulled to the wardens office. I managed to get to fall asleep really quickly by singing her lullabies songs.

When she was in deep slumber I placed her back on the bed while I took her meals away.

I closed the door and gone back to work.

~~

I sat down on the benches outside of the hospital and took a sip of my coffee. I was on break and there wasn't really many people wandering around.

The warm breezy wind tackled the trees slightly while it gushes through me as well.

The silent afternoon gave me peace and tranquility.

About five minutes from my break other patients were now coming out of the building to probably play some basketball with doctors, they wanted them to at least engage in some psychical use instead of being inside all day.

Some even don't try to have fun, they do the same thing like they do inside. Sit down on the ground and talk to an invisible friend.

I sit back and watch them have their fun till something caught my attention real fast.

It was Lynn again, she was playing with yarns as she tries to take it off her arm.

Tears swelled up from my eyes again but I close it shut and keep it in me.

She was walking towards my direction still engrossed of her toy, but when she saw others playing around she plopped right in the middle, turning her body around.

As for me I rushed up to her and simply sat down across from her.

I bit my lower lip hard seeing her like this, I didn't sign up to see my..well she used to be. I don't know what we are now. But I didn't sign up to see her in this place.