Two.

°·Landon·°

"How much does it cost?" I asked the man on the other end, as I held my phone in between my ear and shoulder. I walked over to the fridge and pulled out the carton of pulp-free orange juice, the carton of eggs, the milk, and the bacon, as I place them on the counter.

"Are you serious? My car payment isn't even that much." I said, as I pulled the red bowl out of the cupboard and began cracking eggs into it.

As you can tell, my life is pretty hectic. Between my job, college, cleaning the house, and grocery shopping, I have absolutely no free time whatsoever. Welcome to the life of Landon Welsh.

"Sir, are you sure my health insurance doesn't cover an operation like this?" I asked, as I continued to prepare breakfast. I've been on the phone with this surgeon for almost an hour now and he still isn't making any sense to me. Why can't I find one surgeon that does these kinds of operations and doesn't cost me an arm and a leg?

"Sir, I respect what you do, I really do, but I think your not telling me everything." I reply, as I start putting eggs and bacon on plates. This surgeon was getting on my nerves. I'm not even kidding. Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door. I fast walked towards it, opened it up to see a tall, curly haired brunette behind the door.

I covered up the mouth piece of my phone, before looking at her and smiling. "Hi, Hope. Breakfast is done and on the table. Can you go and wake Alaska up, please?" She nodded, before running up the stairs. I uncovered the piece, before continuing to listen to the surgeon go on, only to be disappointed by his conclusion. I bit my lip and held the bridge of my nose with my free hand.

"Are you a hundred percent sure it cost that much?... Okay, well, thank you for your time. Have a good day." With that, I hung up the phone and watched as my iPhone slid across the counter. Is it really this difficult to find a surgeon?

I sighed, running my fingers through my short brown, trying to figure out what my next move was. That was the last surgeon in the entire state of friggin California. I've called surgeons in Nevada, Washington, and Arizona and they tell me the same thing the previous one just told me. Will I ever be lucky?

I heard footsteps patter down the stairs, causing me to look up from the counter. I instantly saw Hope holding Alaska's hand, leading her down the stairs. I lift the blue coffee mug up to my lips, before setting it down.

"Morning Ali." I said as she smiled. I pulled the chair out for her and Hope led her to it, as she sat her down.

"Morning. I smell eggs and bacon." She said. I laugh.

"That's because I made you them. Over-easy eggs and crispy bacon, and pulp-free orange juice. Just how you like it." I replied, as I sat at the table beside her and Hope.

"So, Lan, how's the search?" Hope asked me, as she stole a piece of bacon from the plate in the center of the table. I looked up at her and sighed. She instantly knew what I was trying to say. Alaska cocked her head to the side, before shrugging.

"When does that cousin of yours get to town?" Ali asked the curly haired brunette in front of me. Hope giggled, before looking at the time on her phone.

"They should be here in about two hours. I gotta go pick them up from the airport."

"Them? Damn, how many cousins do you have coming?" I asked, jokingly. Hope just glared at me. I stuck my tongue out, before taking another sip of coffee.

"I only have the one cousin coming. But, y'know, he has his friends with him. Their starting their tour in LA in about two days," She replied. "In fact, I think MTV is talking about them." She said, before jumping up from the table and running over towards the TV remote and turning it on. I watched as she scrolled through the channels until reaching the channel.

"-Directioners have been lining up outside of LAX for hours now, just to see the arrival of international boy band, One Direction, and newcomer, Leann Scott. It's been reported that the band should arrive in only a few short hours. The band and Scott are kicking off their American leg of their Take Me Home tour at the Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles in a few days. To kick off the madness, let's head straight to their video for 'Best Song Ever'. I'm Marlene Samburg. See you in ten." With that, the screen went straight to the music video.

"Hope, I think you best be getting to the airport so they don't get mobbed." I suggested, as she turned the TV off. She nodded in agreement, as she walked towards the table once more. Just as she went to leave, Ali grabbed her hand.

"Can I go, too? I really need out of this house. I'm losing my mind." She asked. Hope looked over at me, waiting for me to reply. I bit my lip, before looking at my baby sister.

"Are you sure you can handle?" I ask. Ali looked at me and laughed sarcastically.

"If I can handle walking through Wal-Mart, I'm pretty sure I can handle going to the airport to pick up a couple of people." Hesitant, I nodded my head. "Fine. Hope, can you go help Ali get ready? Y'know help pick out her clothes and-"

"Landon, I know what I'm doing. I promise." With that, Alaska and Hope vanished up the stairs, leaving me on my own.

I trust Hope. She's known Alaska since preschool. She's always been there for her. She's like another sister to me. I mean, I don't mind that Ali asked to go to the airport with her. It's just that I'm gonna worry until she comes back home. Being her brother and legal guardian kind of gives me the right to worry.

About ten minutes later, the girls appear from upstairs. I was in the process of doing dishes and cleaning up the kitchen, since I have to go to school in an hour.

"Alright, bub, we're leaving." Ali said. I wipped my hands on my jeans, before walking towards her and pulling her in for a hug.

"Just be safe. Your gonna have to stay with Hope and Louis for awhile. I have to go to school. Do you think you'll be fine til about eight-ish?"

"Bub, I'm nineteen year-olds, not two." She said, a smile spreading on her face. I chuckle.

"I know, I just worry."

I kissed Ali's cheek, as she grabbed Hope's hand, and walked out the door. Instantly, worry and nervousness flooded throughout my body. Great, nothing like going to school worrying about your baby sister. Calm down. Hope is a good girl and won't allow anything bad happen to Alaska. I sighed, as I grabbed my keys, bag, and phone, then left.

_______________________

·•·That's chapter two. What do you guys think? Lemme know. You'll get to know Hope, Landon, and Alaska better in time, but right now, your only being introduced to them.

What do you think of Landon? Do you like him? Do you want another chapter in his point of view? Lemme know, okay?

Please comment, vote, and follow me. Your feedback surely does help!

Logan, xx