Twenty-four.

°·Alaska·°

"She's not here." I hear Hope say from downstairs. I groaned, huddling closer to Zayn, trying to fall back to sleep. I keep hearing her arguing with someone, causing me to become curious. I try and fight the earge to go down there, but it fails miserably. I carefully untangle myself from Zayn's grip and felt my way down the hallway and down the stairs. I thought I could sneak down quietly and go undetected, but I tripped and fell down the last few steps.

"Jesus!" I heard Hope yell. "Ali, are you okay?" She said, grabbing my hand and pulling me to my feet. I could sense she was nervous, frustrated, and a little worried. I just don't understand stand why.

"Who are you talking to?" I asked, rubbing my hand up and down my arm - which was stinging a little due to impact. I felt Hope tense up, making me even more suspicious.

"It's nobody. Let me walk you back upstairs." She said, trying to pull me back up the stairs.

"Hope, tell me."

"Trust me, Ali. You don't want to know." She replied, trying to pull me again. I groaned, before pushing all my weight down to my feet, causing her to struggle. She let go of my hand, mumbled a few curse words under her breath, and sighing. "Fine. But I warned you." She said, before taking me into a room - the living room I'm guessing - and sat me down on the couch.

"What's going-"

"Alaska?" I heard someone - a male voice - say. My heart instantly dropped to my stomach as soon as I recognized the voice.

"Devon?"

"Yeah," He replied. "Your still very beautiful, I see." I felt my blood boil a bit when he said that. What's he trying to do, hit on me?

"Wish I could say the same thing." I said, trying to keep my anger under control. I crossed my arms, leaning back into the couch.

"Well that's a bit rude." He mumbled.

"I'm not being rude, I'm telling the truth." I retorted.

"I'm sorry about what happened, Ali," He began. "I made a mistake and I've regretted it everyday." I don't know what happened, but something inside me snapped. I felt like all the hate I had for him resurface, only making me want to strangle him.

I chuckled. "You think that you can just come up to me after almost a year and expect me to say everything is okay?" I said. "Well your wrong. Everything is not okay. You were the one that screwed up everything."

"I know, and I'm so sorry, Ali-"

"My name is Alaska. Only my friends and family are allowed to call me that." I hissed, as I sensed him tense up in frustration. "If your here for forgiveness, you might as well walk away now. I forgave you a long time ago. I learned a long time ago to forgive and forget."

"I'm here for a second chance. I miss you." He said.

"Well sorry, but I don't really care." I replied, before standing up from the couch and feeling my way back towards the stairs. I just want to go back to bed. I felt a strong grip on my wrist, causing my arm to sting more. I winced, before trying to pull away. "Let me go, asshole."

"Since when do you curse? Is it because of him?" He asked, referring to Zayn. "Alaska, he's a bad influence. You could do so much better than him. Why won't you take me back? I've learned from my mistake. Just give me another chance."

"I don't like you anymore. Hell, I don't even love you anymore. I'm sorry if I sound like such a bitch, but it's the truth. I love Zayn, and he loves me." I barked, yanking my wrist from his grip. I suddenly heard him laugh, obviously amused by something. "What's so funny?"