Twenty-eight (Part Three)

°·Zayn·°

~Hour Thirteen~

"I'm Jenna. I believe you know my daughter." The lady said, as she crossed her arms and gave me a small smile. Jenna had long brunette hair and bright brown eyes, just like Alaska. I took a sharp breath, before nodding my head.

"I'm Zayn. I'm dating Alaska." I said.

"That's what the tabloids are saying," She chuckled, only to get a small smile from me. "How long have you been here?" She asked, as started to walk down the hall towards Alaska's room. I followed, shoving my hands into the pocket of my jumper.

"Since four AM." I answered. The walk to the room was a bit awkward, because I hardly knew this woman, so I didn't know what to talk about. As we reached the room, it surprised me to find Landon in there, his arms crossed, looking out the window. I cleared my throat, causing him to turn around. His jaw dropped, telling me he was shocked.

"Mom?" Landon managed to say through his state of shock. She smiled and nodded, before walking towards him for a hug. "What are you doing here?"

"Came to see you and your sister, of course."

"Who told you we - or even I - was here?" Landon asked in surprise.

"Ali's friend, Hope," Jenna answered, before hugging Landon once more. "Plus, your sister is all over the news. People don't quite understand why not only she, but Zayn walked into a hospital and have yet to emerge from it, y'know?" Landon chuckled, before they went for a walk through the hospital once again, leaving me on my own.

~Hour Fourteen~

My nerves were all over the place.

The lads and Leann said they were leaving to get flowers, but they've yet to return. Landon and his mother were out, doing their own thing, while I was stuck in this damn room, left to nothing but worry. But the question was:

Why was I so worried?

That was the one question that I really didn't know the answer to. I guess it's natural for someone to worry about the people they love if they're in a relationship. Especially if you really love that person.

"Zayn?" I heard, causing me to turn around, only to see Harry, a concerned expression on his face. "Are you okay, mate?" He asked, as he leaned against the door frame.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be okay?" I replied, turning my attention back out the window. I heard Harry approach me from behind, the sound of his boots giving him away.

"Cause your scratching your arm repeatedly and you look pale." He said, causing me to look down at my arm, my skin a bright red from my nails. I clear my throat, before dropping my hands down to my sides.

"I'm fine. Just a little stressed."

"Zayn, everything is going to be fine, mate-"

"And what if it's not, Harry?!" I snapped, causing him to jump. It's very rare that I snap at any of the lads, especially Harry. I took a deep breath, before sitting on the ledge of the window and looking at the floor. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Your tired and worried. I would be, too, especially if it's someone I care for." He answered, as he sat beside me.

"I wanna do something for her. Something she hasn't been able to do in almost a year, but I dunno what it should be." I said, looking down at my lap and sighing. I've thought this over so many times in my head that last twelve hours, not a single idea coming to mind. At first I said I'd get a tattoo of her name, but that's too clichè.