Chapter Three

*Daryl's POV*

I heard that Andrea woman cry all night so I didn't get much sleep. I finally said "fuck it" and climbed out of my tent. I saw the huge pile of walkers and Ed's body and knew that we had to get rid of them. I reached into my tent and pulled my crossbow out before heading into the woods to get some wood for the fire.

"Hey Dixon wait up!" I heard somebody yell behind me.

I stopped and turned around seeing Danielle jogging up to me, purple bow in hand.

"Where ya off to this early?" She asked.

"Getting fire wood. The bodies gotta be burned." I told her.

"Need any help?" She asked.

"Nah, I think I can handle it. But you could see if you can't catch us some food." I told her before walking off.

I got a good armload before heading back to camp. I saw Danielle sitting by the campfire pit skinning a small deer. That wasn't something you'd see everyday, most women were too afraid to get the blood and guts on them but she was something different. She was sitting there talking away to Carl like it was nothing.

"Hey Shane, mind giving me a hand with the bodies?" I asked once I saw him.

"Yeah, where ya takin 'em?" He said walking over to me.

"Just over there." I replied pointing to a clear area.

I went ahead and got the fire started before me and Shane started dragging bodies over. When we went to toss Ed's body on Glenn came running over.

"Our people go in that row over there. We don't burn them, we bury them." He said.

"We ain't got time to dig graves

"We ain't got time to dig graves. He goes on the fire with the others." I told him.

"Daryl, come on. He deserves a proper burial." Glenn said again.

"I said no. Y'all left my brother for dead, you had this coming." I growled before storming away.

I was pissed but then again I was relieved, maybe I could finally get out of Merle's shadow. I was always followin Merle, wherever he went I was right there on his heels. Just like when this shit started I was following Merle again. I finally cooled down enough to head back to camp. Everyone except for Andrea and Jacqui was huddled around the campfire. I walked over and Danielle looked up at me.

"I saved ya a piece." She smiled.

I took the plate from her just as Jacqui came out of the RV.

"I have some bad news. Jim's been bit." She told us.

I instantly reached for the pickaxe and said, "I'll take care of that."

"No Daryl, we don't kill the living. We can take him to the CDC, maybe there's a cure for him." Rick said standing in front of me.